Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dremor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
My Ipod Stays in the Apple Logo and just reboot and the logo again!

Its Like a Loop, it only do that! :(

What Can I do? Can some one tells me what can i do please?

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ! :( :confused::apple:

BTW, Mine is 2nd Gen Ipod Nano

Solution:

My OS is Windows XP and what I do is this:

1. Push CENTER and PLAY/PAUSE at same time for 6-10 sec. Your Ipod will go to Hard Drive Mode
2. Connect Your Ipod in Hard Drive Mode to your USB/FireWire cable and let the OS recognize it.
3. In Windows, Go to My Computer and rigth click it (it will appear as any jumpdrive) and do Format Disk. In Mac I dont Know how to do
it, sorry.
4. Open ITunes and it will recognize you Ipod (If you dont format it before it will stay doing the same) and then you can do a Restore.
But please do like 3 restore before puting you music in. Some times dont get the firmware at first like it happened to me.
5. Enjoy your Ipod Again!

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
Same thing happenned once to my 1st gen iPod Nano.

Thing is, I left it on until it fully discharged, and what was happening for some odd reason is that it turned on once plugged into my computer's USB port, but when trying to mount (Im assuming this based upon observation), the energy it needed was greater than the charge it had accumulated.

Finaly, I left it that way for a couple of hours and started noticing that each time it rebooted it was able to stay on for a little longer, until finally it got to mount and stay that way.

My advise: keep it plugged into your computer for a few hours, then come back and see if it came back to life.

Dremor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Thx buddy I will Try it and I will tell if it give me any results.

Any other advise?

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Thx buddy I will Try it and I will tell if it give me any results.

Any other advise?

Try holding the Center key and the MENU key at the same time for a few seconds. then you are in the diognostic menu screen , you can run tests from there. If you cant get there, or if it doesnt help you. Bring it back ;)

Dremor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Same thing happenned once to my 1st gen iPod Nano.

Thing is, I left it on until it fully discharged, and what was happening for some odd reason is that it turned on once plugged into my computer's USB port, but when trying to mount (Im assuming this based upon observation), the energy it needed was greater than the charge it had accumulated.

Finaly, I left it that way for a couple of hours and started noticing that each time it rebooted it was able to stay on for a little longer, until finally it got to mount and stay that way.

My advise: keep it plugged into your computer for a few hours, then come back and see if it came back to life.

Ok, I try Recharge it to full and doent help, still rebooting... the ipod was recharging like 5 hours. Still Rebooting. :(

Dremor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Try holding the Center key and the MENU key at the same time for a few seconds. then you are in the diognostic menu screen , you can run tests from there. If you cant get there, or if it doesnt help you. Bring it back ;)

I try the menu with the center and it just restart and then still rebooting. :(

Any other advise?

Dremor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Did you try restoring the iPod software using iTunes? Your iPod's software might have become corrupted.

The apple support doc is here.

I cant because the computer doenst recognice it when is rebooting. :(

Anyways I resolve the problem by my self. I explain at first post. :p XD!!!!

ndiol

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Hello plz help me i have the same problam
can u yu help me my friend my ipod is restart in logo apple mine is 20gb
model no A1099
thanks

Jett Deion

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
Have you tried resetting it? I don't have an itouch (yet) but with alot of ipods that screen will go away if you reset it. I think you have to press down your on/off button and your menu button at the same time. If resetting doesn't work, call Apple customer service.

bw0812

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2010
Great, you solved this odd problem by yourself, so just enjoy it. BTW, your solution is all right!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.