Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:38 PM   #1
maximus06
macrumors regular

Blue login screen :(

I recently tried to change my login screen wallpaper with some terminal command that I read somewhere, but it didn't work and now my login screen is "default" blue. I've tried changing it through various tweaks with no effect.

The thread here is the exact same thing: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....07134&tstart=0

The person claims he fixed it, but I don't know how he did it. I see no com.apple.loginwindow in my system/prefernces folder. Is this something you have to trash through terminal? If so, how?
maximus06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:43 PM   #2
cornopaez
macrumors regular

For some reason, some of the hacks posted around don't seem to work for everyone. I tried changing the login background and now it's blue as well. I also tried the one for the dock, changing the dock background for a darker one that looks better, but with no good outcome... it doesn't do anything.

I would definitively like to change the login background to match my current background... any suggestions out there?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:49 PM   #3
maximus06
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornopaez View Post
For some reason, some of the hacks posted around don't seem to work for everyone. I tried changing the login background and now it's blue as well. I also tried the one for the dock, changing the dock background for a darker one that looks better, but with no good outcome... it doesn't do anything.

I would definitively like to change the login background to match my current background... any suggestions out there?
Eh, I tried removing com.apple.loginwindow.plist through terminal in /system/lib/prefs but it doesn't do anything. Still am unable to set my login background.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:57 PM   #4
webgoat
macrumors 6502a

i changed the defaultdesktop photo by downloading a picture from interfacelift.com and renaming it DefaultDesktop.jpg and placing it on my desktop then used command
sudo cp /Users/myusername/Desktop/DefaultDesktop.jpg /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg

make sure the picture you are using is the correct resolution... in my case it was 1440X900
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:05 PM   #5
maximus06
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgoat View Post
i changed the defaultdesktop photo by downloading a picture from interfacelift.com and renaming it DefaultDesktop.jpg and placing it on my desktop then used command
sudo cp /Users/myusername/Desktop/DefaultDesktop.jpg /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg

make sure the picture you are using is the correct resolution... in my case it was 1440X900
Did that (again), doesn't do anything, the blue background stays. The picture i used is now in /system/lib/core/ but thats not the point here, I can easily replace that picture but the blue background stays. Its got nothing to do with the picture, this is something else. Read the thread link in my first post.
Old May 3, 2010, 09:45 PM   #6
Mac Master
macrumors newbie

Blue login background fix.

I recently looked into this, and posted the solution on my website.

www.macmaster.me
Mac Master is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help