Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMferrer

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
First off i can't wait to get my iphone tomorrow. I ordered it online and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow..Woot Woot! Anyways my question is i see on the AT&T website that the iphone plan INCLUDES unlimited data.

So does this mean that i can just stick with the minimum 59.99 plan and surf the web no matter when and where? I guess i'm asking is there anything else i need to purchase to add to the plan to surf all i want? I'm coming from Verizon so i had to pay an extra $40 for unlimited data. I'm just making sure there is no hidden truth behind the Unlimited data usage such as..it must be wifi or something like that. Thank you in advance guys i can't wait till tomorrow!:D

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
So does this mean that i can just stick with the minimum 59.99 plan and surf the web no matter when and where? I guess i'm asking is there anything else i need to purchase to add to the plan to surf all i want? I'm coming from Verizon so i had to pay an extra $40 for unlimited data. I'm just making sure there is no hidden truth behind the Unlimited data usage such as..it must be wifi or something like that. Thank you in advance guys i can't wait till tomorrow!:D

Yep. unlimited = unlimited EDGE. I haven't heard any reports of people getting cut off for overusage. Now, edge can be a bit pokey at times... but it's usable. To be honest iPhone Safari + EDGE was a faster/smoother browsing experience than Treo 700p + EVDO.

arn

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
Unlimited EDGE my friend. It takes a little getting used to ( a little slow ) but it's manageable.

Congrats on your purchase, you're going to have a lot of good times :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.