Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 23, 2003, 09:02 PM   #1
redcalx
macrumors newbie

Airport Issues

Hi Everyone,

I'm a longtime mac user, but new to airport and I've got a bit of a dilemma.

Today I installed an airport network at a friends office, I put airport cards (and in certain cases airport extreme cards) in all of his imacs and ibooks and 1 powerbook g4. THey were all new computers so in order to install the software I had to update to 10.2.8 (which i now hear there might be problems with).

Anyway, the internet comes across just fine... each computer connects to the internet fine, but I cannot connect to each computer trough "go>connect to server" like I could if it was done through a router/hub. Does airport not allow this?

Basically what I need to do is host a filemaker database but my friend just wanted to host it off one of the computers on the airport network. Is this possible?

In the airport admin utility it says that the airport basestation is distributing the same IP to every computer on the network but when I try to change that to different IP's it gives me an error that I need to configure ethernet settings... I'm a little lost.

Also, for some reason, it sees the USB printer I have attached (HP Color Laserjet 1500) but the computers do not see it through rendevouz in print centre. Am an I an idiot? what am i doign wrong?
redcalx is offline   0
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:24 PM   #2
SoonToGetAMac
macrumors 6502

I think you need to go under Sharing in System Prefs and enable sharing with other computers (the check box), and then that's it. By default, the shared folder is the folder called "Shared" within the current user's home directory.
SoonToGetAMac is offline   0
Old Sep 24, 2003, 09:03 AM   #3
doctorhook
macrumors member

Thumbs down

I have the same Rendevous problem with my HP officejet 6110. I checked the HP website and it says that these printers are not Rendevous enabled. Bummer!
This is probably the case with your printer and it means that YOU are not the idiot.
doctorhook is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers