Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trunksfujita

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2003
Miami
Hi has anyone tried using The latest version of Virtual PC 6.0 With Windows XP Home or proffessional, I would like to know the performace, how fast is it, is it good enough to work with it, THE PROBLEM is that i need to run it on my new uodated powerbook, because i need to run VisualBasic.net on it for school.

I had an IBook with 800mhz, 640Ram, and 32 MB Video, And the performance sucked, it was really slow and crappy, a

I want to know if i will lose my money because, it is not going to be fast enough.

Thank you

Jesus on OSX

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2003
My advice would be to buy a cheap windows 2000 professional license (OEM, whatever), strip all the junk with LitePC, and run your apps in VPC.

sparky76

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2003
I have VPC 6 on a Powerbook 17" 1GHz with 1GB RAM. Still it is very slow, even with 512 MB dedicated to it. Win 2000 Pro is slightly better, but, if you can live with it Win98SE is faster still (but it is a horrible OS). My advice is to buy a very cheap PC (you can get them for £235 now) and run the app on that. It will always be faster than VPC.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sparky76
My advice is to buy a very cheap PC (you can get them for £235 now) and run the app on that. It will always be faster than VPC.

Cool. I'll do that if you are willing to carry the computer and monitor behind me while I take my PowerBook from A to B otherwise this is NOT an option. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.