Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:01 AM   #1
zeppiecr
macrumors regular

Where is the Aperture Update

Its time for some new features in Aperture...where is 2.0?
zeppiecr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:27 AM   #2
mrsollars
macrumors regular

agreed. with all of the issues with leopard, i'm waiting to use time machine and my external. don't want to risk losing the image library.

(i should probably burn to dvd's)
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3
yeroen
macrumors 6502a

Yes, where is Aperture 2.0? I've been waiting along time.

Enough already with all the iPods, iPhones, iShavers, iToasters and iCrockPots, Apple; move Aperture and other "pro" oriented items to the front of the priority queue.
yeroen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:45 AM   #4
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
I, too, am eagerly awaiting an Aperture update so that I can postprocess my RAW images from the D300 (and eventually the D3) in it!!! I am currently using Bridge and CS3 to do my PP but I really prefer the workflow I have with Photo Mechanic and Aperture. I also have waited to upgrade my Mac Pro to Leopard because of the reported issues with Aperture, Time Machine and Leopard.... While all the other machines in the house are purring happily along with Leopard, the Mac Pro still has the Tiger in its tank!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:01 PM   #5
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
I, too, am eagerly awaiting an Aperture update so that I can postprocess my RAW images from the D300 (and eventually the D3) in it!!! I am currently using Bridge and CS3 to do my PP but I really prefer the workflow I have with Photo Mechanic and Aperture. I also have waited to upgrade my Mac Pro to Leopard because of the reported issues with Aperture, Time Machine and Leopard.... While all the other machines in the house are purring happily along with Leopard, the Mac Pro still has the Tiger in its tank!
I'm curious what does Photo Mechanic offer that Aperture doesn't??
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:55 PM   #6
Grimace
macrumors 68040

Yeah, bring some good features and I'll pay for an update!
Grimace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:58 PM   #7
rotlex
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to rotlex
Could not agree more. It's time. Let's hope they are actually working on the product, putting a decent emphasis on it's performance as well. Aperture is my life's blood for photography, but I'm tired of needed a machine that hasn't even been produced yet to run it smoothly.

That said, I'd pay anything for an update. I love the product, and truly look forward to some innovation.
rotlex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:06 PM   #8
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
I'm curious what does Photo Mechanic offer that Aperture doesn't??

I use Photo Mechanic for my first run-through of images because it loads them even more quickly than Aperture or any other software. I review the images and cull out the bad ones, then take only the ones I'm going to actually post-process into Aperture and carry on from there.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:13 PM   #9
zeppiecr
macrumors regular

Actually the D3 & D300 will come in 10.5.2 not aperture 2.0
zeppiecr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:30 PM   #10
yeroen
macrumors 6502a

What I'd like to see most in Aperture 2.0 is an extension of the Aperture API beyond the current (trivial) import/export functionality and towards a full-fledged image-processing plugin-architecture. I also use DXO heavily for post-processing work and it's has hooks into Lightroom that allow it to iterate over your Lightroom photo libraries. In Aperture, I either have to manually export the original or store it as a referenced image, and import-and-stack the DXO corrected jpegs back into my aperture project. Because of this, I find myself eyeing Lightroom these days, even though I use and prefer Aperture for almost everything else.

Last edited by yeroen; Nov 28, 2007 at 02:43 PM.
yeroen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:26 PM   #11
mcarnes
macrumors 68000

It's long over due. Some basic lens fix tools would be nice, like ACR has had for years.
mcarnes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography