Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKernel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Hi All,

I want to write a C++ program which will communicate with the website's flash .swf file. I am using MAC OS X 10.4 & Carbon framework for the developement.
As flash in the website is server side & C++ is client side, I am not getting exact idea about where to start with it & how to accomplish it. Shall I use dynamic library(.dylib) stuff for it to complete. I want to catch events takes place in the .swf on the website.

There may be many options but which will be the best & supporting on MAC OS X 10.4
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ulhas

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
From the many options you have on the mac, I think using Cocoa for development will be the only viable one.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I don't think Flash has any way to export events to a client machine (I could be wrong). Wouldn't it be simpler just to make a client / server application using Java or some such?

You'll get better help if you posted in the programming forum though.

iKernel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
using webkit with Obj-C which will communicate to JavaScript

suppose I embed html page in my app & flash will call javascript which will further be called from Obj-C.
This is the way I found after seraching the apple list archive & net. Is there any other way to accomplish it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.