Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:43 AM   #1
satyam90
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to satyam90
Access controls in NSView

Hi, I am using Cocoa with Obj-C on XCode 2.4.1
I have a 4 views (with different controls in each of the view) added to NIB and accessing it through Controller. I am able to show different views whenever toolbar buttons are clicked.
I want to set the controls with some default values at the time of showing the view. For setting these controls in views, apart from awakeFromNib & windowDidLoad what are the other methods where I can set the controls. Will there be anything like constructor for view? How to set?

satya.
satyam90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:07 AM   #2
kainjow
Moderator emeritus

NSViews are initialized via the initWithFrame: method. They get called awakeFromNib if they are loaded from a nib, but you can't always rely on that, so use initWithFrame.
kainjow is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming