Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 24, 2003, 09:09 PM   #1
RBilRamZ
macrumors member

RAM instalation, HELP

ok, i just got my new 15" pb with the 1.25 ghz. i ordered a 512mb PC2700 chip and i want to know how to put it in? should i bring it to an apple store or my university bookstore and PAY a proffessional to do it? if its easy and i wont mess anything up i would like to do it myself. help me out with some descriptive directions if you can.
THANKS
RBilRamZ is offline   0
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:30 AM   #2
tomf87

Did any of the installation booklets/posters tell you? My iMac documentation had directions on how to upgrade user accessible memory.
tomf87 is offline   0
Old Sep 25, 2003, 08:59 AM   #3
dbally
macrumors member

pretty brainless

I upgraded the ram in my ibook a couple of days ago and it was very simple. Although the pbook has a slightly different layout (unfortunately I don't have one . . . yet, so I can't actually upgrade one and give you more thorough advice) but this video

http://www.transintl.com/mov/pbg4-mem-cip.mov

demonstrates how to do it on one. Hope this helps . . . its too easy of a process, and only takes a few minutes, to have to pay someone to do it.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 09:27 AM   #4
stoid
macrumors 68040

That's MUCH easier than an iBook. I had/got to install memory into about 50 iBooks over the summer, and it was a pain in the ass. After taking of the keyboard, you had to wedge the Airport card out, then you had to unscrew the tiniest most frustrating screw ever, and the finally you were down to the level that the RAM was on. And do you dare lose that screw otherwise you're.. well... screwed. This loooks like you just pop out the keyboard and it's right there.
stoid is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers