Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 1, 2007, 03:23 AM   #1
ProstheticHead
macrumors 6502

Mighty Mouse not "remembering" mouse settings

This has been happening for a while. It happened on Tiger and it is still happening on Leopard. I set my Mighty Mouse button 3 to Dashboard and button 4 to Exposť - All Windows. If the computer goes to sleep / restarts, the mouse all of a sudden "forgets" that I set those two buttons. It is really annoying. Anyone else having this issue / know a possible fix?
ProstheticHead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Fleetwood Mac
macrumors 65816

Wireless or wired?

I may be wrong, but it would make most sense that the settings are actually stored on the computer and not in the mouse. In this case, it would be likely that something with your preferences has become corrupted. My first suggestion would then be to repair permissions using Disk Utility (only because its the simplest thing to do).
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:25 PM   #3
ProstheticHead
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
Wireless or wired?

I may be wrong, but it would make most sense that the settings are actually stored on the computer and not in the mouse. In this case, it would be likely that something with your preferences has become corrupted. My first suggestion would then be to repair permissions using Disk Utility (only because its the simplest thing to do).
Yeah, it's the wired Mighty Mouse. I'll run the Disk Utility when I get back to the iMac tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: I ran the permissions repair and it seems to be working fine, there was a list of about 20 permissions that it did not repair, so I'm considering just doing a clean wipe and starting fresh. Time to start backing up all my garbage!

Last edited by ProstheticHead; Dec 5, 2007 at 05:22 PM.
ProstheticHead is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help