Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Hi all,
just a quickly note to say that I've heard that the 10th of December all MacPro lovers will be very happy.
I don't want to hurt your feelings if not true, but as I'm getting mad waiting for the update, and yesterday I've been informed about this, just wished to share the info.

If true, would be curious to know this before you from here, far away from the States...

THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
Interesting that there are so many newbies here lately. And they are so young acting.

HDproducer

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
I myself am a newbie only because I just recently joined. I have been reading these forums for a long time.

But I must agree that such a post is sound like a random guess to me. Can't we at least get something entertaining like: I was at the Laundromat and the guy next to me dropped something and it was the blueprints to the New Mac Pro! (Because all apple exec. do there own laundry at the Laundromat.) and anyway he made me promise not to tell anyone but the new MP is coming out Dec 10 or sometime before or after that date.

TheThirdMan

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
London, UK
Why not the 11th, or the 12th, or the 13th??

Apple don't release information regarding products until the second they're launched.

Silverhawk

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
That dates seems too close and yet, also too close to X-Mas, I don't ever recall APPLE ever releasing such a new or a refresh in this time period.

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There is no way the MacPro will come out that day. That is the day of my 25th birthday. I'm not that lucky to have it arrive on my birthday. Noooo way.

Happy B-day. I'm turning 34 on the 10th. Perhaps some of my good b-day luck will rub off on you.

I just want to see what the new graphics cards are going to be.

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
Happy B-day. I'm turning 34 on the 10th. Perhaps some of my good b-day luck will rub off on you.

I just want to see what the new graphics cards are going to be.

Nice, and from Boston too I see. I keep going to Apple's site and customizing a current MacPro. It's so tempting to just hit 'add to cart'. I am in such a need of a new Mac. This G4 is dogging so badly right now. I might just give in a get one. Tired of waiting.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Teach you I cannot. If that is what you want, so be it. So little patience, have you, way to the dark side that is. Stopped you must be.

Okay, no more StarWars crap.

Darth, you think yours is struggling, try using a G4DP500 - that is the definition of painfull. Although I have to say it is running CS3 Master reasonably well.

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
Teach you I cannot. If that is what you want, so be it. So little patience, have you, way to the dark side that is. Stopped you must be.

Okay, no more StarWars crap.

Darth, you think yours is struggling, try using a G4DP500 - that is the definition of painfull. Although I have to say it is running CS3 Master reasonably well.

Hahaha, nice. Yea I will be waiting. Either way, we both have big gigantic paper weights. lol ... I can't believe this current G4 can handle FCP5 and CS3 as well.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
I've got Illustrator, Flash, DreamWeaver, PhotoShop, Fireworks, Acrobat, Contribute, running from CS3.

After Effects 6.5, Final Cut Express ( the last one) Dreamweaver 8, Flash 8, Fireworks 8, Illustrator 10, PhotoShop 7 etc.

I'm amazed it's still going. All with an amazing 1GB of PC133SDRAM.

Looking forward to new MacPro though, can't wait to get Premiere Pro and After Effects CS3 running, want to get into a bit of video editing.

newtech

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Good Lord, not again! If I had a dime for every off the wall prediction I'd be fabulously wealthy.

OnePumpChump

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Hi all,
just a quickly note to say that I've heard that the 10th of December all MacPro lovers will be very happy.
I don't want to hurt your feelings if not true, but as I'm getting mad waiting for the update, and yesterday I've been informed about this, just wished to share the info.

If true, would be curious to know this before you from here, far away from the States...

THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!

Total BS. This is their first post. And with such info not to at least take the time to make up where he/she heard it from? At least put some effort into such lies. :mad:

ideasman69

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2007
no the correct date is 4th december.

if not - the 6th. if not - the 11th. if not - the 14th. if not - the 18th... continue until 15th Jan

you get the drift

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.