Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rock star poser

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
When will see Apple make an improvement on headphones supplied with the Ipods/touches?

I use the Sennheiser CX300 now, and what an improvement to the original ones.

isshou

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
When will see Apple make an improvement on headphones supplied with the Ipods/touches?

I use the Sennheiser CX300 now, and what an improvement to the original ones.

If I was Apple, I will never do it. :D

There is a complete world of commodities providers for the iPods. You can see everywhere "earphone for iPod", "case for iPod", "apps for iPod", "remote control for iPod", etc, etc, from a marketing point of view, as Apple, I am getting a lot of free ads from other sources, and at the same time I will be telling the consumer: look at how many customization option you can have access if you get yourself an iPod.

Apple sell you the iPod core, you do the personalization to suit your taste. ;)

By the way, I also own a CX300 and despite it is an improvement, the Shure SE310 up, will do a lot better, as CX300 has only 16 ohms impedance against the expected 32 ohms according to iPod technical specifications. :)

bluesjam

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2007
Headphone improvement? Forget it.
Did Sony ever provide good quality headphones with walkmans.
All portable audio player come with crap headphones. Don't ever expect audiophile quality headphones with them. They are selling you the player not the headphones and it is bundled there just to make up the numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.