Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 2, 2007, 12:31 PM   #1
WhiteShadow
macrumors regular

Play iPhone's music through the computers speakers, help!

Is there a way I can plug my iPhone into any computer and play the music through the computers speakers? While connected through the dock.

with my 5th gen iPod I was able to play music through the ipod on the computer but with the iPhone I cannot figure it out.
WhiteShadow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Drumjim85
macrumors 68020

you can plug the speakers into the back of the dock (theres a port for it)

-but i don't see why you would want to do this,,, isn't all your music thats on your phone also on your computer?
Drumjim85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 01:11 PM   #3
projectle
macrumors 6502

I do not believe that that was what he was referring to, Drumjim85.

He is probably referring to the ability on the older iPods to select "Manually Manage" and being able to play music from the iPod through iTunes.

If you have jailbroken your iPhone, you can install FireFlyMediaServer.

That will allow you to play back music stored in your iPhone through your computer.
projectle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Bernie-Mac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
Is there a way I can plug my iPhone into any computer
Im assuming he means plugging his iphone into his friends computer that his iphone isnt set up on and playing the music through the speakers on the computer since the speakers on the computer are probably louder on the computer than on the iphone. If you want to blast your music on your iphone i suggest you consider investing in one of these, unless you have a jailbroken iphone then you can try what projectile said: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TK914LL/A
Well one made for the iphone anyway
Bernie-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks