Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
Sweet

Wow, it looks great..its really fast too.. and apple's best design..
i am giving up all other mail services.. apple is always one step ahead of everyone.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Re: Mac.com now has webmail!

Originally posted by atodd
webmail.mac.com

It's designed like the OS X mail app. Really nice! Check it out.

looks like my hotmail account is going to get very little use now that I can use mac.com to check my email at work. I always used hotmail to check my mac.com account before, but this works much better.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Sweet!

This is great! I've been waiting for this for a while now. No more using Outlook express as work!! Yipeee!!!!!

Matthew

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
yay, now I can check my mail from any computer.:) I could before, but I had to enter all that PoP mail crap.:(

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Originally posted by DavidCL23
how dod i sign up for a mac.com account?

just register for itools and you get a mac.com email account, access to your idisk and your own homepage.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I have several mail accounts that I forward to one main one. If anyone uses the mac.com mail account to handle forward email, let me know how well it works. I'd like to switch over to something a little more robust than I'm using now.

Thanks.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by dukestreet
I have several mail accounts that I forward to one main one. If anyone uses the mac.com mail account to handle forward email, let me know how well it works. I'd like to switch over to something a little more robust than I'm using now.

Thanks.

Why don't you just set up multiple accounts in Mail and check them directly?

Weaky

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2001
Montreal
Finally everything I need from Apple!

I was using yahoo mail to get access from anywhere but now I can have the @mac.com domain name as my email! Yahoooooo!:D

globalwidget

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2002
This is the best thing yet!

Have you noticed that if you have additional folders (mailboxes) in your Mail app iTools account they show up in Webmail AND if you move something into one of those mailboxes online it will be moved when you go back to your
home machine. How sweet is that?

Now I'm waiting for them to get the online Webmail and home Mail app to 'synch' the address books so they're both always current. You'd almost forget whether you were on your own machine or 1/2 way around the world at some cyber-cafe crappy pc.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
This is neat.
Great new feature...
Although I think I won't be using it much since my mac.com is on auto-forward.
Perhaps if I want to intercept my MR messages instantly:p

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Webmail down.

I can't access it!!! Dang that stinks.

I guess this is why its called a beta. Heh.

Matthew

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
Webmail is great!

Apple should make iTools available for Windows machines. Especially if MacWorld UK is right and they want to 'woo the other 95%'. Mac.com webmail is *so much better* than Hotmail & Yahoo. When some wintel ppl saw me checking my mail via webmail today they go "Oh, can we set up our own account?" "No, not if you don't have a Mac - but you can check the mail from a wintel" "Oh, that means you can open up an account for each of us, right"...

God! What have I got myself into -- making mac.com accounts for my Windows 'friends'.

alvaro

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2002
great but...

This webmail is not capable of handling accents, so for all of us here in europe, or anywhere where you use accents in your mails this is not that cool. they even have a japanese version of it, but the y seemed to forget that there are actually more people needing accents than japanese people on this webmail.

Vijay

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2002
New York
Time Stamp

I started using the webmail.mac.com site and there's one odd problem. When I resync the IMAP mailbox using Eudora at home, it marks all the outgoing messages as going out at 2:28, Feb 6 1940 (incoming mail is marked correctly) It makes sorting (and saving) threads difficult.

Anyone else having this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.