Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:41 PM   #1
pedroistheman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I need to RESTORE...not UPDATE! HELP!!!

I am experiencing some problems with my iPhone, so I need to restore but the only option available in iTunes is "restore and update."
Well, I was planning on jailbreaking once I restored, so updating really isn't an option. I am on 1.1.1, and I would like to restore. Is there any other way to get around the update and still get a restore?????

I am depending on your advice!!! Please, I don't want to update...
pedroistheman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:48 PM   #2
polishmacuser
macrumors 6502a
 
polishmacuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroistheman View Post
I am experiencing some problems with my iPhone, so I need to restore but the only option available in iTunes is "restore and update."
Well, I was planning on jailbreaking once I restored, so updating really isn't an option. I am on 1.1.1, and I would like to restore. Is there any other way to get around the update and still get a restore?????

I am depending on your advice!!! Please, I don't want to update...
really easy download the 1.1.1 firmware if you already have it then on itunes click shift and hold it while you click restore and its going to ask you to choose the file w/e you do dont unzip it itunes will do it and enjoy
__________________
Mac Is Life Live It
Macbook Pro, 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 7200 RPM 500 GB HD, iPhone 4 Black anybody wants to trade for white?
polishmacuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:01 AM   #3
pedroistheman
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
thanks, but where can i download 1.1.1?

Im sure I already have it, as I am currently running on it, but where would that be located?
pedroistheman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:15 AM   #4
polishmacuser
macrumors 6502a
 
polishmacuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroistheman View Post
thanks, but where can i download 1.1.1?

Im sure I already have it, as I am currently running on it, but where would that be located?
http://iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files
go to this website and look for them there like in the middle of the web page good luck
__________________
Mac Is Life Live It
Macbook Pro, 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 7200 RPM 500 GB HD, iPhone 4 Black anybody wants to trade for white?
polishmacuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:22 AM   #5
pedroistheman
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
thanks....i dont know what i would do w/out your help.

by the way, i assume ur iphone is hacked, are you on 1.1.1 as well?
I think the reason for my problems was summerboard, but i was wondering if u know...
pedroistheman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:03 AM   #6
rotur
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide
Option not shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishmacuser View Post
really easy download the 1.1.1 firmware if you already have it then on itunes click shift and hold it while you click restore and its going to ask you to choose the file w/e you do dont unzip it itunes will do it and enjoy
You click on option and restore...not shift as previously suggested
rotur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 09:16 AM   #7
sam3020
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
After you jailbreak your 1.1.1 iphone you can install a program on install.app called oktoprep under tweaks 1.1.1 and then do an upgrade to 1.1.2 on iTunes and download the 1.1.2 jailbreak and works perfectly fine. I am running it
sam3020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:57 PM   #8
pedroistheman
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
no, shift worked fine
pedroistheman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: Need info on whether I can update/restore from 6.0.1 to 7.0.4 Spunkbob Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Feb 22, 2014 08:42 PM
iPod Touch: I can't restore and update super michael Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Sep 24, 2013 10:18 AM
GM Update or Restore? liamry iOS 7 8 Sep 11, 2013 04:55 PM
Check for update or restore regalia87 iOS 7 1 Jun 24, 2013 11:22 PM
iPhone: Restore without update daviddcmd Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Nov 25, 2012 07:45 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC