Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 4, 2007, 04:09 PM   #1
phungy
macrumors 68020

iPhone Charging Voltage

I searched, found threads but none had any answers.

I'm asking cause I'm going on a trip to San Francisco. I'll be on foot and most likely will be using Google Maps via EDGE for most of the day and know the iPhone won't survive the whole time.

I've looked at USB solar chargers but those range from $40-$120 so I've started looking at hand crank USB chargers.

What is the iPhone Charging Voltage? Has anyone had experience with either solar or hand crank USB chargers?

EDIT:
Found it.

Battery Capacity: 1400 mAh 3.7V

See post #3 for more Battery and Power specifications for the iPhone and iPods

Also, instead of going with a solar usb charger I came across an Energizer Energi To Go iPod Charger. In the modmyiphone forums, an iPhone user confirmed that this charger is compatible with the iPhone. This can be found at various places like Target, BestBuy, Kmart, Walgreens as well as online stores like Amazon and Buy.com. The downside is that these are apparently "hot" and all these places do not have them in stock (or just don't carry them). Retail is about $30 thought Buy.com has it for about $27 and Amazon had one for $50 shipped.

I was able to find one for $10 shipped

Last edited by phungy; Dec 5, 2007 at 07:01 PM.
phungy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 04:12 PM   #2
Drumjim85
macrumors 68020

42 ..... can't go wrong with the # 42

(but seriously, i don't know.... )
Drumjim85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2007, 06:51 PM   #3
phungy
macrumors 68020

Found a nice chart here:

iPod and iPhone Battery and Power specifications

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting