Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Dec 4, 2007, 06:24 PM   #1
iViking
macrumors 6502

IN SERIOUS NEED OF HELP - iMovie audio won't work!!!

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to crack this problem for weeks now and I must figure it out tonight because soon my project will be due.

I made a film in iMovie, I think version 4, and imported it into iMovie HD with no problems, and it updated it to work with the new version, and everything seemed to go smoothly EXCEPT, I cannot hear any of my sound--even though it is all right there. There's a soundtrack, and then there's the audio clips from the clips, many of them extracted, all of them locked into place, exactly where they should be, and yet when I play the movie I hear none of this sound.

I repeat, all of the sound is in place. I just can't hear it. You can see the waveforms or whatever of each sound clip or song. The boxes are checked to the right of the audio lines. The volume is turned up.

I thought maybe there was a problem with them anyway, for some reason, so I trashed the first song and them imported a new one from iTunes and it imported just fine, showed up on the timeline, and there's still no sound!
iViking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:11 PM   #2
huntercr
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iViking View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to crack this problem for weeks now and I must figure it out tonight because soon my project will be due.

I made a film in iMovie, I think version 4, and imported it into iMovie HD with no problems, and it updated it to work with the new version, and everything seemed to go smoothly EXCEPT, I cannot hear any of my sound--even though it is all right there. There's a soundtrack, and then there's the audio clips from the clips, many of them extracted, all of them locked into place, exactly where they should be, and yet when I play the movie I hear none of this sound.

I repeat, all of the sound is in place. I just can't hear it. You can see the waveforms or whatever of each sound clip or song. The boxes are checked to the right of the audio lines. The volume is turned up.

I thought maybe there was a problem with them anyway, for some reason, so I trashed the first song and them imported a new one from iTunes and it imported just fine, showed up on the timeline, and there's still no sound!
Sorry to ask this basic question, but...
You do have the little blue check boxes checked in the right right of the timeline, right?

Have you tried unchecking and rechecking them?
huntercr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:32 PM   #3
iViking
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercr View Post
Sorry to ask this basic question, but...
You do have the little blue check boxes checked in the right right of the timeline, right?

Have you tried unchecking and rechecking them?
Hi, yes, I have tried that. Thanks for the response, though.
iViking is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video