Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 5, 2007, 07:04 AM   #1
doug.hall
macrumors regular

iPhone Battery - how long does yours last?

I've worried my iPhone battery is faulty because with teh wifi, bluetooth and autobrightness switched off I only get about 5 hours music. Call useage is even less that that!

Is this what everyone else is experiancing?
doug.hall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2007, 07:42 AM   #2
MrT8064
macrumors 6502a

when i bought my iPhone, the first few days were 6 hours, cos i used it constantly, now its leveled out to needing a charge about every 2 days.
MrT8064 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:32 AM   #3
~Phi
macrumors regular

sometimes I get about 3 hours of use before the 20% warning with extremely heavy use. (tons of surfing via edge)
~Phi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:36 AM   #4
redgaz26
macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

I get around 4 hours usage before its in the red. Surf quite a bit during the day. Listen to some music make a few calls. Expected better but as long as it doesnt die on me during the day I'm not to bothered.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:38 AM   #5
kfordham281
macrumors 6502

With moderate usage of music/calls/little video the battery lasts the entire day and sometimes two if I don't use it much at all. Turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi will extend the battery life.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:40 AM   #6
doug.hall
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Phi View Post
sometimes I get about 3 hours of use before the 20% warning with extremely heavy use. (tons of surfing via edge)
Are you happy with that? Have you considered taking it back? Ideally I'd like to only charge it at night and it last all day for calls and ipod.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:46 AM   #7
doug.hall
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfordham281 View Post
With moderate usage of music/calls/little video the battery lasts the entire day and sometimes two if I don't use it much at all. Turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi will extend the battery life.
Are your times with the wireless and bluetooth off? That is much better than my iPhone. Hmm thinking I might need to visit Apple.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:54 AM   #8
sokrates
macrumors member

Well mine lasts 1-2 days, I have wifi and bluetooth always off, use the ipod for let's say 20 minutes per day, type quite some sms, surf a bit, and make a call here and there. I once took it on a trip were I took about 50 pictures, surfed the web all the time, wrote sms and made calls, it lasted about 24 hours (of continuous use) overall I a satisfied with the battery.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 07:01 PM   #9
HoustonTexans
macrumors newbie

TRUST ME, ITS YOUR PHONE...I had the same problem. I would go to sleep, and wake up to a dead phone. I went to the apple store and they replaced my phone for free. It definetly was my phone because now this one lasts about two to three days. I use my phone quite a bit too. WiFi on all the time.
HoustonTexans is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 07:10 PM   #10
~Phi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.hall View Post
Are you happy with that? Have you considered taking it back? Ideally I'd like to only charge it at night and it last all day for calls and ipod.
I'm definitely not thrilled with the battery performance and that's why I got another charger for work. However, other than the battery performance my phone is flawless and I probably shouldn't be doing 20MB worth of surfing at work.

How many MB worth of edge surfing does everyone else get before the red?
~Phi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:58 PM   #11
clarpiglet.11
macrumors newbie

i recently got an iphone, a week ago, and at first my battery would drain within 3 and a half to 4 and a half hours, and it would even go down when i was on apps when i was charging it! i spoke to a guy on the apple helpline and he said it should last a day minimum, and to restore it through itunes and see if it made a difference. that helped, and now it lasts about 8 and a half hours on average, more if i don't use it much, but i do use it quite a lot. if it doesn't help, the guy at apple said you have 30 days to send it back to apple and they will replace it.
clarpiglet.11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:24 PM   #12
itsmemuffins
macrumors 68020

I have had my iP4 for 2 months now.

3g off

Wifi on

Location services on

Push off

Mail set to manual

Brightness @:55%-60%

itsmemuffins is offline   0 Reply With Quote