Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I know this is a really basic question but will this HP Screen work with my powerbook and soon to be Macbook Pro...

Its just it says it only Digital (HDMI with HDCP) and Analog (15-pin D-sub VGA) which should connect.

Sorry, to make myself clear. I know it will connect but through the VGA will I be able to get full HD asin 1600 x 1000 or will I need some funky VGA -> HD cable?

Also does anyone else know of any better screens for video editing and games mainly! Ha I have found the particular screen in question for a price of £199!

Thanks

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
as w2207 (the difference is that the x2207h has hdmi instead of DVI) user can confirm that the full 1650x1080 resolution works fine via VGA

my first generation G4 mac mini has some problem connecting through DVI because of the crappy radeon 9200 pixel clock rate hardware but works fine with vga

for the screen itself: for games it's perhaps one of the best 22" you can get(tried out with my windows box and didn't have a single problem) ... for video editing i don't know i'm not doing anything with that

one nice feature is the 2 different scaling settings which are useful if you are running games in lower resolutions/4:3 resolutions

one thing you might have to plan in is that it takes quite some space in terms of depth because of the pivot functions which are very neat
as somebody with an normal keyboard it's also convenient to put the keyboard under the screen

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
as w2207 (the difference is that the x2207h has hdmi instead of DVI) user can confirm that the full 1650x1080 resolution works fine via VGA

my first generation G4 mac mini has some problem connecting through DVI because of the crappy radeon 9200 pixel clock rate hardware but works fine with vga

for the screen itself: for games it's perhaps one of the best 22" you can get(tried out with my windows box and didn't have a single problem) ... for video editing i don't know i'm not doing anything with that

one nice feature is the 2 different scaling settings which are useful if you are running games in lower resolutions/4:3 resolutions

one thing you might have to plan in is that it takes quite some space in terms of depth because of the pivot functions which are very neat
as somebody with an normal keyboard it's also convenient to put the keyboard under the screen

This is great feedback! Thanks alot for it!

I am still going to have a look around though to see if I can find something else that takes my fancy!

I might try a DELL screen but hopefully this weekend I should be going and having a look at the real thing! Ha

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.