Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Winston Smith

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2003
Oceania
"You will be
working with the latest state of the art technologies to solve a variety of
difficult thermal, cosmetic, design and manufacturing problems."

Difficult thermal manufacturing problems=the G5 does run hot in a Powerbook!

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Those requirements for the 2nd one... I don't know how they find people with such high requirements

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
hmm. it seems apple has ipod and 'finest portable music player' as two separate things- mebbe the next gen ipod wont be just a music player? here's to hope!:cool:

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by Chaszmyr
Those requirements for the 2nd one... I don't know how they find people with such high requirements

well it is the positions of Sr. Product Design Engineer,

so 6 years experience isn't really alot to ask for, niether is 3-D CAD
all the others are preffered.

seems reasonable to me

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
well they have 5 notebook models. I would assume they had a team for each model. but there were reports (cant remember where) that the 12" powerbook was originally a replacement for the ibook, but marketing wouldnt allow g4 in the 'i' series notebooks. i guess im saying they're now expanding, they want a 12" powerbook team, distinct from a 12" ibook team

but hey, its all conjecture.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
Originally posted by x86isslow
well they have 5 notebook models. I would assume they had a team for each model. but there were reports (cant remember where) that the 12" powerbook was originally a replacement for the ibook, but marketing wouldnt allow g4 in the 'i' series notebooks. i guess im saying they're now expanding, they want a 12" powerbook team, distinct from a 12" ibook team

but hey, its all conjecture.
If that's true, you have to give the 12" iBook team a lot of credit. It seems to me that the 12" PB is the most complex notebook Apple makes and will be by far the most difficult to upgrade to the G5. More speculation, but why would Apple want to hire an entirely new team for this daunting task? Wouldn't it make more sense to promote the 12" iBook team?

aaroncorsi

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2003
Ohio
Man, this really stinks... I would fill the requirements for all of the iPod things, but i am only 15 and they will not hire me... :( Man... That's rotten. I could have the coolest job, and I'm really creative... partly because of the fact that I'm 15... oh well... age discrimination... *sigh*

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
Originally posted by aaroncorsi
Man, this really stinks... I would fill the requirements for all of the iPod things, but i am only 15 and they will not hire me... :( Man... That's rotten. I could have the coolest job, and I'm really creative... partly because of the fact that I'm 15... oh well... age discrimination... *sigh*

you have a bachelors degree? cool

hobbes3113

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2002
NYC
Not this again...

Originally posted by x86isslow
mebbe the next gen ipod wont be just a music player? here's to hope!:cool:

Why do people always want the ipod to be more than a music player? There is absolutely nothing wrong with, by far and away, the best portable music player on the planet. If you want/need a phone or pda then, by all means, get one. But lets not get back into this Apple phone/pda banter, we have already gone down that road before. It leads NOWHERE...

aaroncorsi

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2003
Ohio
Originally posted by kwajo.com
you have a bachelors degree? cool

Ahem... well, maybe not all of the requirements, but I still think that I could do their job... Well, at least I know what to go to college for :cool:

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
Why do people always want the ipod to be more than a music player? There is absolutely nothing wrong with, by far and away, the best portable music player on the planet. If you want/need a phone or pda then, by all means, get one. But lets not get back into this Apple phone/pda banter, we have already gone down that road before. It leads NOWHERE...

:p you're funny!

i never said that there was something wrong with the ipod. i said mebbe they'll add on to it. and Please! dont get all defensive over an ipod's functionality :p

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Interesting

Well, I do meet the requirements for the iPod job, maybe I should apply...

I guess I would have to move to CA then, that would suck :mad:

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Re: Re: Interesting

Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
You get to work for Apple! You get to be MacRumors' covert source!

You get caught, You get to be fired and Apple gets to run these ads again…

Hang on, maybe it's already happened :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.