Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pscossette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
I have 4 iTunes files on my desktop that I can't do anything with... open/delete/unlock. I just want to delete them. I have gone to the "Get Info" page to uncheck the locked box but it won't let me. I have even gone to the bottom of the "Get Info" page and made sure I had Read & Write privileges.

I just want to delete these files off my desktop and can't move them period, any help would be greatly appreciated!

chris200x9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2006
I have 4 iTunes files on my desktop that I can't do anything with... open/delete/unlock. I just want to delete them. I have gone to the "Get Info" page to uncheck the locked box but it won't let me. I have even gone to the bottom of the "Get Info" page and made sure I had Read & Write privileges.

I just want to delete these files off my desktop and can't move them period, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Open up terminal and just type sudo rm then put the path to the file...do this for each one.

lil'homunculus

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
vancouver, bc
Do you have Admin privileges? You may also try logging in as Root user in the netinfo manager in your utilities folder. Look under security in the menubar and log in as root user. this gives you a lot of firepower, but use judiciously and log out when you are finished or you can cause a whole world of hurt to your OS. Godspeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.