Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Our colour printer is playing silly buggers and I want to connect it with TCP/IP from the RIP Mac, but it's showing up in Printer Setup as Location Unknown. I don't want to use AppleTalk...

How can I find its IP address?

iBecks

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Our colour printer is playing silly buggers and I want to connect it with TCP/IP from the RIP Mac, but it's showing up in Printer Setup as Location Unknown. I don't want to use AppleTalk...

How can I find its IP address?

Most Network printers have a configration menu on the printer or give you an option to print a configuration page, you should find the IP address there.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Most Network printers have a configration menu on the printer or give you an option to print a configuration page, you should find the IP address there.

The printer isn't working properly, but I think I've found a way to sort it out...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Big hammer?

Mince pie and cup of tea. Got it sorted now... the printer setup couldn't see it but I got the browser-based printer setup to work properly.

Moral of the story: Don't ask MacRumors when you're a ********. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.