Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 29, 2003, 01:14 PM   #1
djtet
macrumors regular

Best 17" LCD for under $500???

Does anyone have any experiences with 17" LCD monitors that are under $500? Can't afford to spend more, and would like to get rid of the 17" CRT that I currently have, because it's taking up too much desk space!
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan
Old Sep 29, 2003, 01:20 PM   #2
primalman
macrumors 6502a

my best advice here...add $100, find a friend or relative who is a student or works for a school and get the 17" Apple Studio Display.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 03:20 PM   #3
CubeHacker
macrumors 65816

I (and most review sites) highly recommend Samsung monitors. Their monitors are affordable, and the quality is excellent. A 17" only goes for about $380. They even offer a beautiful 17" widescreen display for $520. The 17" Apple display is nice, but its not worth the cost, especially when its using the same LCD screen that most other monitors on the market use anyway.

Samsung LCD's
CubeHacker is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2003, 03:47 PM   #4
lmalave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lmalave Send a message via MSN to lmalave Send a message via Yahoo to lmalave Send a message via Skype™ to lmalave
Re: Best 17" LCD for under $500???

Quote:
Originally posted by djtet
Does anyone have any experiences with 17" LCD monitors that are under $500? Can't afford to spend more, and would like to get rid of the 17" CRT that I currently have, because it's taking up too much desk space!
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan
I like my Cornea Systems CT1710, which goes for about $470 now and has a built-in TV Tuner. You may not be interested in that, but you may be interested in the fact that it has DVI, S-Video, and RGB inputs in addition to the standard VGA input. I'm totally satisfied with the quality, but then again I rarely hook up my iBook to it so I'm mainly using it as a flat-screen TV (I even have it wall mounted).

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers