Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djtet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2003
Charleston, SC
Does anyone have any experiences with 17" LCD monitors that are under $500? Can't afford to spend more, and would like to get rid of the 17" CRT that I currently have, because it's taking up too much desk space!
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
I (and most review sites) highly recommend Samsung monitors. Their monitors are affordable, and the quality is excellent. A 17" only goes for about $380. They even offer a beautiful 17" widescreen display for $520. The 17" Apple display is nice, but its not worth the cost, especially when its using the same LCD screen that most other monitors on the market use anyway.

Samsung LCD's

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Re: Best 17" LCD for under $500???

Originally posted by djtet
Does anyone have any experiences with 17" LCD monitors that are under $500? Can't afford to spend more, and would like to get rid of the 17" CRT that I currently have, because it's taking up too much desk space!
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan

I like my Cornea Systems CT1710, which goes for about $470 now and has a built-in TV Tuner. You may not be interested in that, but you may be interested in the fact that it has DVI, S-Video, and RGB inputs in addition to the standard VGA input. I'm totally satisfied with the quality, but then again I rarely hook up my iBook to it so I'm mainly using it as a flat-screen TV (I even have it wall mounted).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.