Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 11, 2007, 01:02 PM   #1
globetrotter.24
macrumors newbie

I've tried for 2 months to do it my self but I NEED HELP updating unlocked 1.0.0

Hey guys...

For anyone that could possible spare a moment of their time to I guess explain it in dummy terms how to upgrade an unlocked iphone (1.0.0) to the newest 1.1.2 with every step I should take.

I've tried for a while now search up on the net on how to do this my self since i first got the phone and the first upgrade came out, but I guess I've been to scared to do anything to screw up my phone and guess I'm not as computer savy as I though...

Also I'm using FIDO (Canadian Network) on my iphone atm... I used my phone in London, Greece and Rogers (another Canadian network) and the phone and voicemail all worked out fine on the phone telling me with the red bubble that i have voicemail... FIDO doesn't... :s anything fixable?

Thanks in advance

James

Last edited by globetrotter.24; Dec 11, 2007 at 01:08 PM.
globetrotter.24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:03 PM   #2
JPyre
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to JPyre
download 1.1.1
Upgrade the phone to 1.1.1
goto jailbreakme.com and jailbreak
revirginize your iphone's baseband
install anysim from installer.app
dont bother updating to 1.1.2
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:28 PM   #3
globetrotter.24
macrumors newbie

hmm... i'm really not savy with this at all...

1.) where do i get 1.1.1
2.) How do i "jailbreak revirginize" from that site?
3.) after revirginizing the phone will it erase everything?
4.) i didn't see anywhere in your instructions where i actually do the upgrading bit?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:44 PM   #4
JPyre
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to JPyre
1) google "iphone firmware 1.1.1 ispw" and save it, in itunes option+click restore, then select the downloaded 1.1.1.ispw

2) You click the only link on the page, it will install installer.app for you. Run installer.app, click sources, add http://i.unlock.no/ as a source. Now there will be an unlocking category in installer.app directory, in there there is an app called virginizer, run it. You will now have a sim-locked but jailbroken iphone, goto installer.app and install AnySim, use anysim to use any sim.

3) Of course you will lose everything when you restore, unless its synced to itunes beforehand. I'm not sure what youre afraid of loosing???

4) step 1
Old Dec 12, 2007, 02:34 AM   #5
globetrotter.24
macrumors newbie

so i followed your instructions and it's now a brick! how do i fix it...? i can't even restore it.. it wont finish the process...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting