Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I would like to annonuce that my G5 arrived today and I was quite excited. The new addition to the family is Dual 2.0 GHz with 250 MB hard drive and an ATI 9600 video card.

After a few hours of breaking down the old system and setting up the new one, my office is now in order. The kids are set up on the left with an eMac 1.0 GHz. I'm on the right with my G5 featuring a 17" Studio Display and a set of JBL Creatures.

I think I will be happy for a while. :D

Attachments

• mysetup.jpg
    mysetup.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 508

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Independence
that new computer says "money." :D

I think you mean "debt". After years of having a hodge-podge of miss matched furniture and very out dated computers, I decided to bite the bullet and enter the modern world.

The only thing I don't like is that the tower would not fit inside the lower cabinet. Those G5's are BIG. :D

Thanks much for the compliments. I'll give some feedback in a few days after I've had time to play with it.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Looking very professional. Congrats! We need more all-Mac households like this!

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
I guess I'm not the only one that's a "little" annoyed that the G5 tower is so much larger than the G4 towers. Seriously though, with the cubic dimensions, it's something like 35% larger.

CaVoLo

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2003
i received my new g5 dual 2 ghz with 9800 pro and combo drive on monday!!!

this computer is absolutely beautiful inside and out. The pictures really dont do it justice. And the feel of it is something i cant describe other than heavenly!!

btw, the first thing i did when i got my computer and opened the box up i kissed the apple on the computer.

lol....im such a nerd.....Thanx apple for a GREAT COMPUTER!!

Waluigi

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2003
Connecticut
Originally posted by CaVoLo
btw, the first thing i did when i got my computer and opened the box up i kissed the apple on the computer.

lol....im such a nerd.....Thanx apple for a GREAT COMPUTER!!

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

That is funnier then the entire 'Pooping at Work' thread!!!!

Good Work CaVoLo!!

--Waluigi

dbally

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2003
That's a wonderful setup you've got there. As soon as I finish mopping up my drool, I'll continue being jealous :)

you'll be set for years with the 250 mb hard drive ;)

seriously, very well done though . . . congrats.

Genie

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2003
heaven
Did you notice there's almost no way to add anything in the way of storage to the inside? Not even power for more than one extra device, and that one pretty much has to be native SATA (although I'd like to try a Parallel to SATA adapter anyway, just to see if it'd work. It might not even fit.

Anybody know alot about external SATA?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by dbally

you'll be set for years with the 250 mb hard drive ;)

Yeah sure, and 64KB of RAM and 8-bits were enough. :D

Fender2112:
Good luck with the new machine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.