Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jliechty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
Seattle
Ok...so for starters...I'm not looking for any One Button Mouse Zealotry or Anti Microsoft bigotry here.......

All I want to know is if anyone is using the MS Bluetooth Mouse with their new series PB out there??? I just ordered a brand new 12" PB and I want to know if the mouse works w/ the onboard Bluetooth module or if you have to use the Bluetooth base station supplied by MS......Any comments

Dr. No

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2003
More alternatives

Also, Logitech has a bluetooth mouse out, the MX 900.

It comes with a "Bluetooth Wireless Hub."

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Just been to the store and played with some MS mice - the build quality is AWFUL.

They are light and cheap feeling. They look okay (no Apple or Kensington Studio that's for sure!)... but they feel so bad, like they'll break any second.:mad:

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Originally posted by gotohamish
...They are light and cheap feeling. ... but they feel so bad, like they'll break any second.:mad:

Been using MS mice for ten years on a variety of systems and they are very solidly designed.

fraeone

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2003
Seattle, WA
It's also worth mentioning that all MS Mice have a lifetime warranty. When it craps out, call them up and they will happily send you a new one. And they are sturdy, I have had a couple fail, but they usually last a year or two under heavy use. By that time I want a new one anyway.

fraeone

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Originally posted by gotohamish
Just been to the store and played with some MS mice - the build quality is AWFUL.

They are light and cheap feeling. They look okay (no Apple or Kensington Studio that's for sure!)... but they feel so bad, like they'll break any second.:mad:

MS mice have always treated me well. Never had one break on me. I like the feel and functionality.

AS TO THE BT MOUSE, I use one with my PB at never had a problem. OK, slight problem in that it likes to turn on when it is in my carrying case, which drains the battery a little faster than I would prefer. Easy solution, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.