Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:53 PM   #1
zakee00
macrumors regular

iPhone+Picasa?

Anyone know if this is possible? I'd rather not have to make a an iPhone Pictures folder on my XP machine if I can avoid it. And I don't have Elements.

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Drumjim85
macrumors 68020

if whats possible?? ....
Drumjim85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:01 PM   #3
zakee00
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumjim85 View Post
if whats possible?? ....
Synching photos?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:36 AM   #4
teiresias
macrumors regular

when I still used a windows machine at home I only really found the way to do it was to make a new folder to sync.

Actually, I still do this on my mac because I don't think iTunes can sync Events from iPhoto, only albums, so you end up having to make albums anyway (I still don't really "get" why you'd make an album in addition to the events, aside from the syncing necessity).

If you don't care about using the iPhone's actual photo browser you could always store your photos in your Picasa web gallery and set a bookmark in safari to it. The Picasa gallery site has an iPhone-specific site when accessed through the iPhone and is pretty speedy to load. Obviously not as flashy as swiping through photos in the iPhone's native photo gallery though.
teiresias is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 08:26 PM   #5
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

I have picasaweb and I use Pixelpipe to upload my images to it. I can set it to upload to which ever album on picasa that I want to. But you're probably thinking more about the actual program on your pc, right?

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 10:56 PM   #6
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

WebAlbums
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 01:09 AM   #7
KFujiwara
macrumors member

I'm not sure if this is the functionality that you're looking for, but I use iFiles for accessing and uploading files to web services like Flickr and Dropbox. It's also compatible with Picasa, Facebook and others.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifiles/id336683524?mt=8
It's really easy to pick photos from your camera roll and have them uploaded to the web. Plus, it also serves as a flash drive by either connecting over Wi-fi or using the file transfer method through iTunes. Yes it costs a few dollars but it has been more than worth it.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:25 AM   #8
RebeccaL
macrumors 6502a

From your post I understand you want to keep photos in you PC in sync with the ones on the iPhone. Outside of Elements the only way on the PC is by folders, but you don't have to create a new folder. In iTunes you can specify the folder in your PC where you already store your photos and all will be synced to the iPhone.
RebeccaL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 01:37 PM   #9
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Are you backing up to Picassa web?
I would imagine you are.

If that's the case I'll say it once again so everyone can read it again.

WebAlbums, it allows you to access Picassa just as you would in Picassa on the PC or on the web. Albums and all. You can upload(many,many at once). There is no better way to go about this. Period.

This is assuming that you're ok using a app to look at your pictures and not the standard photo app.

The nice thing about this is that it is syncing with your Picassa account l, so when you take a bunch of photos; say from a birthday party. Create a folder for it in webAlbums, upload your photos and share the album. All from your phone. When you get home, you can look at them all on your PC.

That's it. No simpler or better way to use Picassa on the iPhone.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone