Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 13, 2007, 01:12 AM   #1
pyr0sphere
macrumors regular

How to Unlock Dock?

I remember when I first got my Macbook, I was extremely annoyed as when I was clicking the icons, I was actually partly dragging the icon out of the dock as well, and therefore not really clicking it

So I went through the preferences somewhere and was able to select the option to prevent adding/removing dock icons.

Now I need to add something and I can't for the life of me find where the option is.

Also, I turned on the option to select by tapping on the trackpad instead of using the select button. However, whenever I type, I inadvertently tap the trackpad with my right thumb and this messes everything up. Anyway to disable this tapping function when the typing cursor is present?

Thanks
pyr0sphere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 01:21 AM   #2
TheStu
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
I remember when I first got my Macbook, I was extremely annoyed as when I was clicking the icons, I was actually partly dragging the icon out of the dock as well, and therefore not really clicking it

So I went through the preferences somewhere and was able to select the option to prevent adding/removing dock icons.

Now I need to add something and I can't for the life of me find where the option is.

Also, I turned on the option to select by tapping on the trackpad instead of using the select button. However, whenever I type, I inadvertently tap the trackpad with my right thumb and this messes everything up. Anyway to disable this tapping function when the typing cursor is present?

Thanks
Download Onyx, that will let you lock or unlock your dock.

The trackpad should automatically ignore input as you are typing... but just to be sure, go into the system preferences and under Keyboard and Mouse, in the Trackpad section, make sure that "Ignore accidental input" is checked.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 01:25 AM   #3
pyr0sphere
macrumors regular

Aha! Onyx of course. That's how I locked the dock in the first place. I kept thinking that it must've been in the Dock Preferences

Thanks very much
pyr0sphere is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X