Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pyr0sphere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I remember when I first got my Macbook, I was extremely annoyed as when I was clicking the icons, I was actually partly dragging the icon out of the dock as well, and therefore not really clicking it

So I went through the preferences somewhere and was able to select the option to prevent adding/removing dock icons.

Now I need to add something and I can't for the life of me find where the option is.

Also, I turned on the option to select by tapping on the trackpad instead of using the select button. However, whenever I type, I inadvertently tap the trackpad with my right thumb and this messes everything up. Anyway to disable this tapping function when the typing cursor is present?

Thanks

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I remember when I first got my Macbook, I was extremely annoyed as when I was clicking the icons, I was actually partly dragging the icon out of the dock as well, and therefore not really clicking it

So I went through the preferences somewhere and was able to select the option to prevent adding/removing dock icons.

Now I need to add something and I can't for the life of me find where the option is.

Also, I turned on the option to select by tapping on the trackpad instead of using the select button. However, whenever I type, I inadvertently tap the trackpad with my right thumb and this messes everything up. Anyway to disable this tapping function when the typing cursor is present?

Thanks

Download Onyx, that will let you lock or unlock your dock.

The trackpad should automatically ignore input as you are typing... but just to be sure, go into the system preferences and under Keyboard and Mouse, in the Trackpad section, make sure that "Ignore accidental input" is checked.

pyr0sphere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Aha! Onyx of course. That's how I locked the dock in the first place. I kept thinking that it must've been in the Dock Preferences

Thanks very much :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.