Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
Hi!
I've been searching all the iPhone and iTunes help for this.The information there is crap.
I want to transfer the photos I've taken with iPhone's camera, to my computer. Is there actually no way to do this with iTunes or is that option hidden so well I can't find it?
I've found lots of people talking about iPhoto, but I'm with a PC.

How do I get the photos to my computer the easiest way?
Thanks in advance.

Wavell

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
Essex, UK
Hi!
I've been searching all the iPhone and iTunes help for this.The information there is crap.
I want to transfer the photos I've taken with iPhone's camera, to my computer. Is there actually no way to do this with iTunes or is that option hidden so well I can't find it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I can't help you with an immediate solution for this.. but I can provide you with a temp workaround and that is to just email the photos ?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
plug in your phone and go into My Computer and here is what you'll see

Right Click on the iPhone and you have two options on how to get your pictures
1.Explore/Open your phone and manually drag and drop individual pictures into your desired folder or
2. Get Pictures and select your desired folder, then All your pictures will tranfer over to your folder automaticly.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
try kodak easy share software it treats your phone like a camera making it easy to tranfer your pictures. All I have to do is open easy share and click transfer photos.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm

1.Explore/Open your phone and manually drag and drop individual pictures into your desired folder or
2. Get Pictures and select your desired folder, then All your pictures will tranfer over to your folder automaticly.

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't think about this.. It's a shame there's no sync with iTunes. I would love for the sync to be done automaticly everytime I put the iPhone into to dock, like music and everything else.. Maybe something for next iTunes-update :)

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Thanks! I can't believe I didn't think about this.. It's a shame there's no sync with iTunes. I would love for the sync to be done automaticly everytime I put the iPhone into to dock, like music and everything else.. Maybe something for next iTunes-update :)

if you use the kodak easyshare software you can set it up to sync evertime you dock the phone.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
if you use the kodak easyshare software you can set it up to sync evertime you dock the phone.

Yeah, I could.. but I would like iTunes to do that. It's probably a good program, this kodak easyshare, but I'd rather have less programs running all the time.

yogiUK

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
B-Town UK.
?

Yo, whenever i connect my iphone, it doesnt seem to come up in my computer. but sometimes it comes up with a wizard, but im not sure which one to click on, i will get a screenshot tomorrow.

ttech10

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2008

PICTURE

Yea that always worked just fine for me when I was on my Gateway laptop. Either that or just click "Open folder to view files" when the box automatically popped up.

GreenLightJerky

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
I figured out how to get this to work for me. Right click on the phone, choose properties, click the events tab.
I have the event copy pictures to a folder called iPhone (inside 'my pictures' which i have synced), i have it create them in Dated Folders and automatically remove them from my phone. This way they move them off of my phone and into my pictures which is synced by itunes. THis is not ideal but its better than missing photos if your phone dies.

joshuaehud

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2009
Maracaibo, ZULIA, Venezuela
Hey guys, I'm not good at computers but I still consider myself an above average user, anyways, I can't load some pictures to my iphone or either see 'm using apple's picture viewer on windows xp. I remember I synched an ipod touch on another pc and the pictures were all fine, but when I synched it here, most of 'm just screwed up. Any suggestions?

and btw, I can actually see the pics on other picture viewers with no problem, whenever I try apple's picture viewer, they screw up or I get the message "cant open file because the file is corrupt", so pleaaase!! help on this one

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but what is "Apple's Picture Viewer" in Windows XP? Do you mean that you have pictures on your XP box, and when you sync them to the iPhone with iTunes, they won't view on the iPhone?

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

what operating system are you running? im on windows vista Home Premium and when i plug in my iphone 3G it asks me what i want to do with the pictures

autoplayuq8.jpg

MiiKlaus

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2009
Hey i've looked around but this is the closest i found to my problem.
I've recently bought an iphone 3G , and wanted to download a couple pictures from my iphone 3G onto my PC.

So i plug it in, my PC detects it as a camera, but when i go to download the photos, my PC says that there are no photos present.

Any idea why my PC can not detect photos on my iphone?

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Hey i've looked around but this is the closest i found to my problem.
I've recently bought an iphone 3G , and wanted to download a couple pictures from my iphone 3G onto my PC.

So i plug it in, my PC detects it as a camera, but when i go to download the photos, my PC says that there are no photos present.

Any idea why my PC can not detect photos on my iphone?

what operating system are you on?

did you try following my above meathod?
what operating system are you running? im on windows vista Home Premium and when i plug in my iphone 3G it asks me what i want to do with the pictures

autoplayuq8.jpg

if your photos arent in your "camera Roll" but are in the "Photo library"

then you cant download them.

mcrabbit

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
what operating system are you on?

did you try following my above meathod?

if your photos arent in your "camera Roll" but are in the "Photo library"

then you cant download them.

AH !! and there is my problem. In "camera roll" I show only 92 photos, however there are actually 1922 on the iPhone. I am using version 1.1.3 and I am completley new to Apple. So as you can only imagine this old PC user is having a bit of a time. If you get a moment and know how to retrive "all" the photos please drop me a line. I do not have a MAC nor access to one. Everything that I have tried as failed.

dsmithdallas

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
Files transfer

When I had only the camera roll, I could as described, transfer photos using the Microsoft Camera and Fax Wizard. Then, I used my MAC to syncronize all photos. It broke, Then I went back and deleted all but the one cameera roll, it still does no work.

Daniel

batmantis

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2010
I know this is an old thread.
I know about the 2 solutions posted in this thread (email and accessing the device directly through My Computer.)

However. I'm using Windows 7 and it does not display the iPhone as a storage device or camera. I have a lot of pictures on my camera roll that I need to get to my computer and I don't want to use the email option because of time and pain.

Is there seriously no option to sync this in iTunes? (seems ridiculous)
And is there another way to access the iPhone as an external storage device using Windows 7 that anyone knows of?

MrsPamPeck

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2010
I know this is an old thread.
I know about the 2 solutions posted in this thread (email and accessing the device directly through My Computer.)

However. I'm using Windows 7 and it does not display the iPhone as a storage device or camera. I have a lot of pictures on my camera roll that I need to get to my computer and I don't want to use the email option because of time and pain.

Is there seriously no option to sync this in iTunes? (seems ridiculous)
And is there another way to access the iPhone as an external storage device using Windows 7 that anyone knows of?

I too am a Windows 7 user (as of 6 hours ago...thank you husband for new Valentine's Day laptop gift) I have used my iphone on my old computer and it always worked beautifully, as far as importing my iphone pics, via itunes and microsoft picture it. Now Windows 7 doesn't even recognize I have "any device" plugged in and it will not even give me an option to sync pictures. I have nearly 400 pics on my phone's camera roll and I can't use my old computer (it died a horrible death months ago, hence the new laptop) soooo, what the heck do I do? If you garner any knowledge on this little matter, I'd greatly appreciate any advice. As for now, I'll keep pushing buttons and saying prayers.

Much thanks,
laptop & apple newbie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.