Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
This is doing my nut in!

I'm trying to convert a HD .mov file so I can watch it on my ATV. But I keep getting this error: qtKitErrorCatchAll (-2125)

Apparently every time this error arises the temp QT file is not erased and it is eating massive portions of my HD.

So I have two questions. What is the best way to convert .mkv HD files to AppleTV friendly format (without using Quicktime) and two... how do I delete Quicktime Temp files. If I need to use terminal can you supply the code and step by step instructions because I dont have a clue when it comes to Terminal.

Any help is appreciated.

antrabbit

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2005
London, UK
To kind of answer question two. Go to System preferences, click quicktime, then the browser tab, then the empty download cache. This may or may not work, and as I have quicktime pro, may only be a pro option.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Thats the download cache. I mean the temporary items cache i.e. files that have failed to transcode then disappear from desktop but don't actually get erased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.