Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vzmr82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Hi everybody

I have just got an ATV and I have it working as it should, i.e. patched. I have installed Sapphire, ATV Files and Nito TV. I have been able to authomatically mount my NAS through mount_smbs on startup, which is where I keep all my AVI+SRT files. As subtitles are more easy to read with mplayer, I use nitoTV to play them (99% of movies around here are subtitled, not dubbed).

Unfortunatly, I have a performance issue with my wireless network (it is a draft N, but my ATV is too far from the wireless router), and playing files directly over the network leads to constant hanging of file play, or framedrops. I have tried to update the /etc/sysctl.conf file but I didn't notice any real improvement.

So I need to copy the AVI+SRT files into my ATV before playing them. The problem to do this is that I need to boot up a computer (either by Windows PC or my Mac Mini) and work with it to transfer the files into its destination.

My question: isn't there any application/plugin we could use from within ATV to transfer the files into it, without needing to use a 2nd computer? Something like XBMC has, which allows to manage files from 2 different directories, and enables to transfer, delete, rename,..., all files in those places.., and all that using the IR control? Eventually a standard mac application exists and only needs to transferred into ATV...

Thanks for your help.

RS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.