Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zvitali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
The battery on my powerbook (it is a Tibook 867) keeps losing charge after shut down. I just went for a 10 day trip and when I get back the battery was at 80% (that is 2% a day). Is this normal or I should be worried? The powerbook is only 2 months old. Btw, if I disconnect the battery, this won't happen.

And if I put it to sleep, it uses approx 15% overnight. At least here I understand why the power is being used, but still isn't 15% too much?

zvitali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
OK, at least I shouldn't be concerned with how much power it looses when sleeping. I already drained the battery and recharged it again couple of times, doesn't help. And if I disconnect the battery, it won't lose as much power. Anybody else have a similar experience?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Does the TiBook have an internal battery (as to keep the clock running)?
If so, maybe that one is empty? I can assume it you leave the PowerBook disconnected from the "normal" battery for a long period of time, the internal battery will become discharged quite quickly.
Once that one is discharged, the clock will run on power coming from the normal battery.

Just a thought....

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
same thing happened to my brother's 12" 867. he took it to the apple store, but all they did there was wait, drain the battery, and charge it again.

also, in the book that comes with the powerbooks, the user's manual, it says if you won't use the laptop for a while, take the battery out of it and store it in a cool place.
there is almost no way that the battery can drain when it's not connected to the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.