Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fraeone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Seattle, WA
Has anybody come across any reviews of the new 12" PB? Or have any personal reviews to offer?

Thanks

fraeone

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I suspect he meant the NEW 12" model, i.e. Rev B. The link you posted (and all the links I find in a Google search) is for the older Rev. A model.

I just got mine today. It looks very slick. I'm switching (well, ok, adding) from Windows XP, and I'm seeing lots of potential in this machine, but not everything is as blissful as the die-hard Maccies make one think. I've already got a short list of inconveniences and frustrations... one of which isn't exactly the PB's fault, but I've never seen the behaviour with any other machine -- whenever I sleep the machine, the Ethernet switch locks it out until I reset the switch..?!)

Looking good so far. Battery life looks to be very impressive.

fraeone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Seattle, WA
Uhm yeah, I think you may have read my question a little too quickly shadowfax.

While 80% of everyone's attention is on the 15", the 12" revision with a new graphics chip, multi video out, faster and different chip(2xL2 no L3) counts as new to me, thus the need for some new reviews.

Thanks for your comments notjustjay, although I agree that the network issue sounds like a problem with the switch and not your PB. I'm glad to hear the battery life is good, especially with everybody complaining about the staying power of the 15".

Any other new owners? The 'reader review' section of the forum is full of cobwebs and could definitely use some G5 and PB reviews. I promise I will add one of my own once I finally decide which one is right for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.