Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:43 PM   #1
lrodk
macrumors newbie

iPod Settings Question After Senuti Transfer

I successfully copied my PC formated ipod library to my new imac 24" using Senuti. I deauthorized my PC itunes and plan on using the imac exclusively for the music. I need help in deciding what settings to keep on the PC formatted ipod in my imac itunes. Right now it's set to manually manage the catalogue for this ipod, which is what Senuti instructed me to do prior to the transfer in order to keep the library in-tact. Once the transfer was complete I unclicked the "Manually manage songs and playlists" tab and it warned me that doing so would erase the ipod and replace it with the existing library. Has anyone here done this? I'm afraid something will go wrong and in the worse case I'd loose the library that I copied. I also noticed there's a reformat option on the same page that would restore the ipod to it's factory settings and also erase everything on it. Is it safe to do either in order to get the ipod to synch with itunes in the same way it did on my pc? Should I do one or the other, or both in a certain sequence? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Luis

Luis

Last edited by lrodk; Dec 21, 2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: mis-spelled
lrodk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:20 PM   #2
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

If you're planning on exclusively using your iPod with the iMac, you should probably reformat the iPod in Mac format. Otherwise you'll have to hook it up to your PC in order to do any software updates on it. Don't worry about losing the music...as long as it's been moved to your Mac, it won't be deleted by anything you do to your iPod.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:03 PM   #3
lrodk
macrumors newbie

Thank you so much. My iPod is now Mac formatted and is in the process of copying the existing library that I transferred to iTunes. I'm one happy camper.
lrodk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod