Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:45 AM   #1
coffeedrinker
macrumors newbie

Dropped iphone & won't turn on

I did something really stupid...my iphone dropped "head first" into my cup of coffee. There was barely 1/2 inch of coffee in the cup and I pulled it out immediately. Now I can't get it to turn on and I have tried everything. Any suggestions. I live in a town where the closest Apple store is 1 1/2 hours away
coffeedrinker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Drumjim85
macrumors 68020

which end dropped ... theres a water sensor in the headphone port... and going to an apple store won't help because you voided the warranty when you got it wet ...

I would open it up and put it under a fan for a day or two ... maybe even put it in a bag with some rice ... when it drys out it should be fine...
Drumjim85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:08 PM   #3
unity
macrumors 6502a

Whatever you do, dont try to turn it on? I mean, thats just stupid - lets see, its wet so lets app some power.

As suggested, place in a bag of rice or something to absorb the water, keep the wet end pointed down so it does not fall down to the rest of the electronics.

Wait a couple days and THEN turn it on. If it does not, you may try charging it.
unity is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting