Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenmasters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
the specs on the G4 are.

533mhz dual processors
384mb ram
30gig hdd
dvd-rom drive
geforce 2 mx agp 4x
keyboard/mouse/powercord
tiger 10.4.8
front row installed with a usb keyspan remote for controlling front row.
20inch monitor

i was thinking of selling the setup locally but how much is to much to ask?

bigbird

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Canada
Is the monitor at least a 20" LCD? If it's still a CRT the whole thing isn't worth much more than $200 if you're lucky. If it's an LCD monitor, the monitor may be worth more than the CPU. I've got a 733 D/A with 1.5GB RAM, 10.4.11, 2 x 120GB HDDs, a new DVD-rom optical drive, USB 2.0 IDE card, and I wouldn't ask more than $300 for it.
I may even be optimistic here.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Sorry...

All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum and are subject to these rules. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads for such purposes.

As you are not eligible to post in our Marketplace, you are also not eligible to place feelers or ask for pricing guidance on your sale at MR.

I would advise doing some searches for previous sales and also logging into eBay -- once you log into your account, you will be able to search closed listings and so you can see prices that resulted in successful eBay auctions. While you are not eligible to sell here at this time, typically you can expect that forum sales will net 80-90% of the prices seen on eBay (inclusive of shipping in both cases).

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.