Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 23, 2007, 05:51 PM   #1
donut
macrumors newbie

Transfer Music from IPod to new mac

My dell, which had all of my music, recently died. I finally decided to switch to a Macbook, and was wondering if there was a way to use my ipod, which had been synced with the dell, to transfer my music to my new mac's itunes library instead of tediously reripping the 400 cds?
donut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:13 PM   #2
cdcastillo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to cdcastillo Send a message via Yahoo to cdcastillo Send a message via Skype™ to cdcastillo
Senuti

You could try senuTi here. It does exactly what you want.
cdcastillo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:45 PM   #3
GSMiller
macrumors 68000

iPod Viewer is another good option as well.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 04:18 PM   #4
lrodk
macrumors newbie

I did this just last week. Downloaded Senuti, connected my PC formatted ipod to my imac 24, and followed the directions listed on the download site to copy my library. Once the library was copied onto iTunes, I used the "reset factory settings" option on my mac's iTunes, which deleted the entire library and replaced it with the library that was transferred to the mac by Senuti. In the process the iPod gets re-formatted to mac, thus allowing it to synch on the mac for automatic updates and new title additions/deletions. Thankfully everything went smoothly. If you plan on reformatting your iPod make sure you deauthorize your iTunes on the Dell first, then authorize your mac iTunes using the same username and password. If you plan on using the iPod on both computers you'll have to manage your library on the mac manually as it will not synch as it did with the pc. Good luck with your transfer.

Luis
lrodk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:18 AM   #5
chibiterasu
macrumors 6502

Another vote here for Senuti
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:42 AM   #6
johnmarry12
macrumors newbie

My iPod is a iPod shuffle 3rd generation! Thanks ... The Apple recommended way is from hard drive to hard drive. If you want to go from iPod
johnmarry12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod