Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 24, 2007, 04:04 PM   #1
kjr39
macrumors 6502

Repair Permissions - SUID files?

I have a number of files that have been modified and are SUID files that will be repaired by Disk Utility.

Anyone have any idea what this is or if you are seeing this with your Disk Utilities...

Here is the output...

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r----- .
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
kjr39 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Eidorian
macrumors Penryn

Send a message via AIM to Eidorian
It's safe to ignore these.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 04:09 PM   #3
kjr39
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidorian View Post
It's safe to ignore these.
I really should search more before posting...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306925

Thanks Eidorian!
kjr39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 02:19 AM   #4
absurdio
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to absurdio
I get those, too. Does everybody? "Safe to ignore" only satisfies me so much. I'd still sortof like to know why they're there / what they mean. And if most people don't get that, I'd like to know what I did differently in order to start getting them. ...And since when does Apple allow disk utility to report vague "warning" messages that are of no consequence whatsoever? Seems sortof contrary to the general Apple user experience...
Old Jan 3, 2008, 08:42 AM   #5
iSaint
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to iSaint
I got these, too, and found the same 'safe to ignore' message when I Googled it. I'll bow down to the Apple HQ on this one.
Old May 16, 2009, 01:24 AM   #6
eyecoin
macrumors newbie

SUID not repaired

I will would like to know why their repair tool is unable to repair this and the ACL found but not expected. Almost defeats the purpose of having this tool.
eyecoin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:37 PM   #7
bobsbarricades
macrumors regular

what about the SUID messages and others that *aren't* on that list? And it stil won't repair them

I have quite a few....
bobsbarricades is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X