Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

segxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Hi,
Just wanted to ask few questions.

1. Do you have to close itunes when you want to use windows.bat to activate but make sure it has full access to the internet when it opens on its one for the activation.
i.e grant full access or disable firewall

2. When an iphone is activated,will the sim that comes with it in the box get service signals(UK o2 simcard) or you have to take it out and put another sim card before you can get signal on the iphone.

I once activated an iphone and i got no service.but i didn't test it will another simcard because i had no other o2 sim.I am now thinking maybe the no service issue was because the sim was not activated.

Thanks

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
You are right on both counts!

The firewall may well interfer with the jailbreak bat and when it started when I tried it the firewall immediately gave me a warning and the jailbreak failed!

I did accept the warning immediately - but I decided that I didn't want to risk any damage by the firewall getting in the way half way through the process so I disabled it totally as I didn't want ANY unforseen problems.

I can't speak for everyone - it may be that other people with other firewalls have not had the same issue but my advice is turn it off altogether and disconnect your internet so you don't risk any problems while the firewall is
off.

As for the other question - the SIM card that comes with the iPhone will NOT work until it is activated - so it will give you a "no signal" problem until you put in an already working O2 SIM or activate it.

So that was what caused of the problem - put in an already working O2 SIM and your'l be fine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.