Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
I just got an iPod classic. I own two computers: A Mac (10.3.9) and a Dell (Windows XP). Because I can't use my Mac for the iPod I have to use the Dell, but all of my music is on my Mac. I thought I could use shared playlists, but you can only listen to the music, not put it on an iPod. Hopefully I've missed the big red button saying MOVE PLAYLIST TO iPOD, but if not I'm going to need some help.

I have an older iPod (which works on the mac) with all of my music on. Will that help in anyway? Thanks for any tips.

PROJECT359

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Texas, USA
I just got an iPod classic. I own two computers: A Mac (10.3.9) and a Dell (Windows XP). Because I can't use my Mac for the iPod I have to use the Dell, but all of my music is on my Mac. I thought I could use shared playlists, but you can only listen to the music, not put it on an iPod. Hopefully I've missed the big red button saying MOVE PLAYLIST TO iPOD, but if not I'm going to need some help.

I have an older iPod (which works on the mac) with all of my music on. Will that help in anyway? Thanks for any tips.

Do you not have a wireless network? Just simply transfer your music from the Mac to the Dell and then sync.

Not sure why you can't use the iPod on the Mac though.

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Can I get a link to a guide on how to transfer files using the Windows? I really never use it if I can avoid it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.