Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
*EDIT* Updated again, Instructions are correct even though 1.1.3 is out.

THE JAILBREAK PROGRAM FROM CONCEITED SOFTWARE HAS BEEN UPDATED

I know that this is repetitive but many posts here are giving the wrong advice.

The jailbreak program has been updated and the guide for both windows and mac users is to follow:

These directions are for the updated Conceited Software Jailbreak Package. (iNdependence is no longer needed)

First, download the Conceited Software Jailbreak program here: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Then download the 1.1.2 file http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1385&act=down

And finally download the 1.1.1 restore file here: http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355
Updates:
- Activation/YouTube for iPhones
- Added an automatic fix for SpringBoard crash problem on touches
- PPC support
- Some improvements to crossplatform compatibility

Step 1: Downgrade to 1.1.1 (if required)
*** NOTE: This guide does not guarantee it will work 100%. Also errors 1015 is expected at
the end of the process. Continue reading to understand. ***

1. Download the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from the link above. If the downloaded file has the extension
".zip", please remove it and modify it to end up with a filename ending in _Restore.ipsw

2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10
seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until
iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start
iTunes if not started yet .

3. Restore your iPhone by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key on windows or ‘option’ key on Mac,
then click ‘restore’ to select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier. The restore should
go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in
DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.

4. In order to kick the phone out of that mode, start TouchFree by double-clicking "windows.bat"
on Windows or "jailbreak.jar" in OS X, then click the "Boot from Recovery" button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2a: Jailbreak 1.1.1 on Unactivated iPhone
*** NOTE: If your phone has been activated through iTunes, you can proceed to step 2b. ***

1. enter *#307# press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove *#307# ,
now enter 0 , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact
list. And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call"
slide, then enter 0 , press call, press hold, press decline.

2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of
menus with favorites, you can edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

3. Now edit a new contact and type in "prefs://11" as web-address and "http://jailbreakme.com" as
an additional URL.

4. When you tap "prefs://11" you can now select your favorite WiFi gateway.

5. Now press the home button and move the slider to the dial-pad.

6. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts,
then hit the "http://jailbreakme.com" web address you typed in.

7. Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will exit and you'll return to your
springboard. Wait for the phone to reboot. You are now jailbroken. and are able to use
Installer.app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2b: Jailbreaking on iPod Touch or iTunes Activated iPhone

1. Launch Safari

2. Visit http://jailbreakme.com, Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will
exit and you'll return to your springboard. Slide to unlock, you are now jailbroken. and are
able to use Installer.app.

Step 3: Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

1. Launch Installer.app

2. Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)

3. Select OktoPrep

4. Click Install

Step 3b: Prevent SpringBoard crash on previous hacked iPod touches

If you have installed MobileMail on your iPod touch, there is a chance an update to 1.1.2 will
render your device inoperable until a restore. This issue can be prevented by switching Auto-Check
off.

- Go to General->Mail->Auto-Check. Set it to Manual.

If you forget to do this step and update, proceed with the jailbreak in step 5 (even though
SpringBoard is unusable) and we will fix it for you.

Step 4: Update to 1.1.2

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Launch iTunes

3. Choose your device

4. Hold "Option" on a Mac, or "Shift" on a PC and click, "Update." Navigate to the 1.1.2 file that we downloaded and click OK.

- DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

5. Wait forever for your device to update

Step 5: Jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone

WARNING: If your iPhone is unactivated, it will be factory "hactivated" for you and YouTube enabled.
If this is not desired behavior, activate your iPhone with iTunes before proceeding.

1. Close iTunes

2. Connect your device to your computer

3. On Windows, double click on windows.bat, on Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

redimp

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
Sunny old UK
Jailbreak effect on Touch updates

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have found the threads on jailbreaking the Ipod Touch interesting. I have a 16gb Touch and ducussed the Jailbreak with a relative who warned me that if I jailbreak it there is a possibility that software/firmware updates will result in my touch being locked and rendered unuseable. Does anybody know if this is the case, if it is the case would the Touch be unlockable or deceased.:eek:

ThomasShaped

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Glasgow
yes, that is a posibility. My advice would be to either not update until there is a re-jailbreak method or, if you want do update, do a restore first and then update.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have found the threads on jailbreaking the Ipod Touch interesting. I have a 16gb Touch and ducussed the Jailbreak with a relative who warned me that if I jailbreak it there is a possibility that software/firmware updates will result in my touch being locked and rendered unuseable. Does anybody know if this is the case, if it is the case would the Touch be unlockable or deceased.:eek:

As of right now, the only way that your iPhone would have been "bricked," was if you unlocked your iphone before the newest firmware

jailbreaking you should be completely fine! :)

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
I get to step 1.4 and lauch jailbreak.jar from Leopard and it select "Boot from Recovery". The window comes up with the "Rebooting...Sending commands...".

How long does this step take? Iam on 10 minutes?

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I get to step 1.4 and lauch jailbreak.jar from Leopard and it select "Boot from Recovery". The window comes up with the "Rebooting...Sending commands...".

How long does this step take? Iam on 10 minutes?

It shouldn't be that long... Make sure that iTunes is closed. Hit Cancel, load the jailbreak program again and hit "Boot From Recovery" again.

That happened to me too, this is what I did.

conshok26

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I think it keeps saying "Sending Commands" when you click boot from recovery. once the iPhone has rebooted though you can just cancel out of it. The only thing that needs to run fully is after you update to 1.1.2 and click jailbreak. When It's finished you'll get a window showing it's done. But like it was stated before make sure iTunes is closed before doing both.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I think it keeps saying "Sending Commands" when you click boot from recovery. once the iPhone has rebooted though you can just cancel out of it. The only thing that needs to run fully is after you update to 1.1.2 and click jailbreak. When It's finished you'll get a window showing it's done. But like it was stated before make sure iTunes is closed before doing both.

It depends, yes, make sure that iTunes is closed... And yes again, all we need it to do is kick the phone out of recovery mode. (Sometimes it will finish sending commands. I've done it a few times, and it works whether it finishes sending them or not, as long as the iPhone itself reboots.)

Kenny Wuuu

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
When i went down from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 the phone says it needs activating even though I did previously. Does that mean I have to go to step 2 or still go to step 2b? I don't want mess this up. Thanks

-edit-
Forget the message above. I'm retarded. I figured it out. Thanks it works perfectly.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
Thanks, after 3 attempts, I am out of jail!
The only other area I was concered with is after I jailbroke it the firsttime the phone was emergency only. :eek: Luckily I grabed a beer, and by the time I came back it was ready to go forward. Patience! LOL:eek:

Now I got to get downloading!

bastone

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2007
need help here please

WANT TO BE ABLE TO JAILBREAK MY IPHONE...I have 1.1.2 firmware on it now But im having a problem. I have all the files needed i think iphone 1,1_1.1.1._3A109a_restore.ipsw , iNdependence_1.3.1dmg , this is were im having the problem. I was able to run iphone restore1.1.1 i currently have 1.1.2 sorry i didn't mention that. After loading restore opened Independence and it could find the iphone wheel kept spinning waiting to connect. that's the problem Independence.

running itunes 7.42 and my iphone is an sub to AT&T

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
this worked perfect! However, I have question concerning the emulators. How can I get roms onto my iPhone? Any help would be awesome. Thanks again for the step by step, it worked perfectly!

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
this worked perfect! However, I have question concerning the emulators. How can I get roms onto my iPhone? Any help would be awesome. Thanks again for the step by step, it worked perfectly!

Easiest way is SSH. In installer.app download OpenSSH, unless you already have it installed.

Then download an SFTP program (cyberduck is free for mac users) and log into the phone with its IP.

There are many threads here explaining the details.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I tried this on my nieces iPhone on iTunes 7.5 but couldn't get it to kick it out of DFU mode...is the problem with iTunes 7.5?
Thanks for any help...;)

not an iTunes problem, load jailbreak again hit boot blah blah again...

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
not an iTunes problem, load jailbreak again hit boot blah blah again...

Thanks Brandon...you have been very patient with us here and I certainly appreciate the time you have taken to both write these instructions and troubleshoot with those of us that are a bit...errrr.....slow to learn...;)

I have gotten to the "boot from recovery" (part 4) three times but the little gear just keeps spinning and nothing happens...tried it for at least 15 minutes (her phone is 1.1.2 OTB and is ATT Activated)...can't seem to get past this part (it all goes smoothly up to that point as the iPhone is successfully downgraded to 1.1.1.)...Do I need to download that modev program I have read about on the other 1.1.2 hack threads? We are working on a 12" PB with 10.4.11

iPhoneLover

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
i need help :/

hey dudes, i bought a 1.1.2 iPhone in Germany. Now i wanna do this jailbrake. Than i followed your instruction (everything worked till i shall open safari and connect to this site...)

i kicked it out of recovery.. (i canceled it when sendind commands or something didnt went on...., but i was in this recovery modus once earlier..) now the world on my iphone appeard and in the instruction stands: if u alrdy activated your iphone open the safari browser.. HERE IS THE PROBLEM: A message appears: Sim Locked - Insert an unlocked and valid SIM toactivate iPhone.
:eek:
i allready activated it when i got it... but i cant type in my pin or something to unluck it..? all i can do is slide for emergency!

so i thought i will just try to unlock it again and followed the instrcution again....
but hee is my SECOND PROBLEM ^^ : when i type *#307# and press call, there comes: Error performing request SIM PIN Required..
:confused:
What can i do? i mean my sim card is inside da iphone and i cant call this number cause iphone tells me my SIM isnt unlocked..

plz i couldt need some competent answer :p i am nooby so plz understand me :D

would be glad of a fast answer
greez guys !

what i just noticed: when i open itunes it says that itunes couldt find my iphone i should insert my sim. so if noone can help me, i cant even restore it to 1.1.2 ?? o_O
sorry guys my englsih is so bad :p im from germany u know :)

LEXS1411

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
London
Thank You

Thank you so much I have had my phone since Nov and have read up on many
ways to Jailbreak As I am a more mature lady with limited skills on my mac
I thought this would be way way out of my reach.I read your instructions about 50 times and decided to try I just have tell you I messed up the first time
I got over excited as I reached the final hurdle and clicked restore instead of
update. I NOW have a iPhone fully working (Searched forum on how to get Edge and Voicemail up and running) I am learning so much from you all My
iPhone now contains so many new Apps.

THIS FORUM IS TEACHING AN OLD GIRL MANY NEW THINGS:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.