Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:34 AM   #1
shauna1983
macrumors newbie

switched from pc to mac, itunes says "only macintosh formatted ipods can be updated"

How would I change this? Can I change it? If I can't, how am I supposed to get updates?
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:37 AM   #2
ErikAndre
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauna1983 View Post
How would I change this? Can I change it? If I can't, how am I supposed to get updates?
Not sure if there is a way to work around this, but it would be best to go ahead and reformat it for mac, especially if you have already moved to a mac.

Of course, you will need to make sure you have moved your music, playlists, etc... over to your mac (i think there are mac support articles on how to do this). After you format it for the mac, it will sync with your Mac's iTunes and be back up and running smoothly.
ErikAndre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:47 AM   #3
shauna1983
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikAndre View Post
Not sure if there is a way to work around this, but it would be best to go ahead and reformat it for mac, especially if you have already moved to a mac.

Of course, you will need to make sure you have moved your music, playlists, etc... over to your mac (i think there are mac support articles on how to do this). After you format it for the mac, it will sync with your Mac's iTunes and be back up and running smoothly.
Ok great! I transferred everything over last night....but my playlists didn't come over. I got the music and videos and all, just not the playlists for some reason....I just made a new one though. Thank you! I'll look into it and see what I find!!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:57 AM   #4
JSchwage
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to JSchwage Send a message via MSN to JSchwage Send a message via Yahoo to JSchwage Send a message via Skype™ to JSchwage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauna1983 View Post
Ok great! I transferred everything over last night....but my playlists didn't come over. I got the music and videos and all, just not the playlists for some reason....I just made a new one though. Thank you! I'll look into it and see what I find!!
Here's a great guide for transferring your iTunes music from your PC to your Mac while saving ratings and playlists: http://www.tunequest.org/migrating-y...-mac/20061105/
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:17 AM   #5
shauna1983
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwage View Post
Here's a great guide for transferring your iTunes music from your PC to your Mac while saving ratings and playlists: http://www.tunequest.org/migrating-y...-mac/20061105/
Thanks so much!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod