Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
For all those tired of the repeated asking of "Whoa, what's that clock screensaver?!" in the Post your Mac setup thread, I thought I'd attempt to stem the anger by posting this.

The screensaver you so desire is called Fliqlo and is available from here.

Here's what it looks like:
IMG_2169.jpg

Please do not ask about it in any other thread. :)

Last edited:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Edit: Ok - I "had" that screensaver working. But it has since removed itself somehow.

IDK then. Sorry.

j3nsen

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
I think this is sticky-worthy.. It's ridiculous HOW many times this is asked in one day haha.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
I'm not trying to look/sound stupid, but how do I get it to work? :(

To install it you simply mount the .dmg and move FLIQLO.saver to ~/Library/Screen Savers/ and then open the "Desktop & Screen Saver" preference pane in "System Preferences..."

How did you make the font blue, and get rid of the gray boxes around the numbers?

The point of the gray boxes is to simulate the 70's style flip clocks.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
To install it you simply mount the .dmg and move FLIQLO.saver to ~/Library/Screen Savers/ and then open the "Desktop & Screen Saver" preference pane in "System Preferences..."

Or just double click the Fliqlo.saver icon which does all that without any digging. :)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
As this is in the picture gallery, I thought I'd add a picture.

Here's my old iMac 350. It's destined to be in my new kitchen as an electronic cookbook and iTunes controller.

122907_101454.jpg
Cheers to Shaduu for bringing this screensaver to our attention! :)

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Cheers to Shaduu for bringing this screensaver to our attention! :)

No problem, I (and many others) are just tired of reading the same previously answered question about a thousand times.

Actually, isn't that what a forum is? :p

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Or just double click the Fliqlo.saver icon which does all that without any digging. :)

Yeah, I thought so too. Except here, on Leopard under a standard user account, it would not add it by double clicking. The "Desktop & Screen Saver" preference pane opened, but it was not added to the list. And that's why I posted that -- in case the user was seeing the same thing.

EDIT: And, of course, I truly love this screensaver. So, following bartelby's lead -- kudos to you!

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Yeah, I thought so too. Except here, on Leopard under a standard user account, it would not add it by double clicking. The "Desktop & Screen Saver" preference pane opened, but it was not added to the list. And that's why I posted that -- in case the user was seeing the same thing.

EDIT: And, of course, I truly love this screensaver. So, following bartelby's lead -- kudos to you!

Ah, I'm not running Leopard yet so I didn't know about that little foible. Thanks for the instructions then.

Yay! Kudos!

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
How did you make the font blue, and get rid of the gray boxes around the numbers?
There was actually no change to the screensaver, it was just the angle that I took the picture of, to answer the question. I didn't realize that my posting of my setup would cause so many posts about the screensaver, and to the OP, thanks for quoting my picture, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.