Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Don't be angry, I know there are 729,678 threads on bags for Macbooks (13.3"), but I still can't find the right one.

The closest I've seen to the one I want is the Tech Air Messenger Case....

TP620_screen3.jpg

....but I'd prefer a zip top to the bag rather than the flap-over thingie that sticks to the velcro (very technical description, that).

Has any one bought something similar to this, ie with a nice safe snuggly compartment for the Macbook, lots of other pockets and compartments for other bits and pieces, and one that looks more like a casual shoulder bag than a briefcase?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Hello.there again. :p

I'd take a look an Incase.

They do offer zippy top bags. Though their website doesn't seem to show the ones I've seen in stores. :confused:

I saw a bag I liked for US$29.99. My Samsonite backpack is starting to show it's age after 4 years.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Tucano Cobra Horizontal Limit!

31417265-2-200-0.gif
8gida4l.jpg

Aw c'mon - you know you love the velcro really. Secure but easy to open. Velcro aside this seems to sport the look you were after - I've got the dark blue version for my MacBook :D It's really a lovely, stylish n' roomy bag (and you'll never have to worry about busting the zip ;)) - I wouldn't use it if it wasn't :p

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
I was looking at a booq bag, but being a college student, a $200 bag was just too much. I ended up getting the North Face Surge backpack. It has its own zip section for a laptop, and although i have a MBP, it works great, seems to be just the right size for it.

khunxhor

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2007
los angeles
for everyone who posted one of those bags....do u still have ur mb or mbp in a speck or techshell thing as well as in the bag?? or do u skip the tight/skin-like cover when you're using one of those bigger bookbags?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
for everyone who posted one of those bags....do u still have ur mb or mbp in a speck or techshell thing as well as in the bag?? or do u skip the tight/skin-like cover when you're using one of those bigger bookbags?
I always have my MacAlly shell on.

Eric1285

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
I have one of those laptop sleeves that I put my MBP in before I put it in my Jack Spade bag. I like how Apple has started carrying Jack Spade bags in their store. Would have been nice if they did that when I bought mine. I had to go to 3 different malls to find the one I liked!

khunxhor

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2007
los angeles
okay, thanks, I've read pretty much all the threads in this forum about cases and I decided on the WaterField horizontal sleeve but wasnt sure if I would also need a hard plastic tight fitting case/shell... Any further comments about WaterField products?...i settled on it because it looks sturdy enough to survive going to school with me..etc.

But one more quick question...

I had totally forgotten about the black wiping thing that was in my macbook box.....is that okay to use to wipe the screen?? or is that only dusting keys...etc....I just wanna make sure there isnt anything on it that can damage the screen...

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX

I have the incase neoprene sleeve as well. I'm sure I probably don't need it, the bag is plenty padded enough... just preference. (and paranoia about rain/ink/spills)

CalPolyMBP

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2007
i personally use a tom binh laptop "case" and stick it in any bag, backpack, etc i need to carry. i am a fan of the "vertical brain cell" and would recommend it to anyone. i can be sure my SR MBP will be safe and secure on my travels.

coday182

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2006
Jamestown, IN
Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but I didn't want to start another thread about the same thing. I am also looking for a similar bag. I want something like the ones mentioned earlier. The super small ones that you can sling over your shoulder are what I want because, like mentioned before, they don' t look like briefcases. I really want one like the Incase one, but I was wondering if there was something else out there that was about the same size but had another compartment that I could maybe put like a text book and/or notebook in being that I'm a college student. Any suggestions?

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Don't be angry, I know there are 729,678 threads on bags for Macbooks (13.3"), but I still can't find the right one.

The closest I've seen to the one I want is the Tech Air Messenger Case....

TP620_screen3.jpg

....but I'd prefer a zip top to the bag rather than the flap-over thingie that sticks to the velcro (very technical description, that).

Has any one bought something similar to this, ie with a nice safe snuggly compartment for the Macbook, lots of other pockets and compartments for other bits and pieces, and one that looks more like a casual shoulder bag than a briefcase?

I have this bag for my macbook and its awesome fits real snug and its comftable on your shoulder.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Some great recommendations, thank you.

I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to buy two bags - one larger bag for travelling (with lots of room for other bits and pieces) and a smaller bag when I don't need to carry much more than the MacBook itself.

For the larger bag I like the look of the Tech Air Sports Messenger:

S0501%20Sports%20Messenger%20-%2072dpi.jpg

Has any one got it?

ZenErik

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Massachusetts
I use a Timbuk2 Commute Laptop bag. I use it as a regular messenger bag most of the time, but my laptop fits nicely. They're 100 dollars but are water proof and have a lifetime warranty. Well worth it.

4_f_nv-ss-nv.jpg

4_b_nv-ss-nv.jpg

genericSize_i_nv-ss-nv.jpg

genericSize_o_nv-ss-nv.jpg

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
I have this bag for my macbook and its awesome fits real snug and its comftable on your shoulder.

Hi there, I love the look of that bag but was wondering if there's much room in it for other stuff, eg charger, phone, keys, ipod, documents, that kind of stuff?

GarrettB

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Denver, CO
I purchased an Ogio Metroid based almost exclusively on its inclusion of a small accordion type pocket for papers and documents. Couldn't be happier.

I also looked at Binh, and while the bags are good the prices are absolutely ludicrous. I actually laughed out loud when I saw what they were charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.