Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThomasShaped

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Glasgow
1.1.2 UK Jailbroken. I connect it to my MacBook and iTunes says "syncing iPhone" but it just sticks there. If i cancel the sync from my iPhone then iTunes crashes. Any ideas of what to do? :(

I've already reinstalled iTunes. Should I try restoring my iPhone? i haven't tried that yet because i don't really want to have to jailbreak again but if i have to i will.

ThomasShaped

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Glasgow
Great! It worked! Thanks :D

Do I have to do that every time i sync? 'Cause that could get annoying.. Could I create a script or something?

Thanks anyway ^^

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
Wow, the same thing just happened to me. I am glad I just came on this forum.

Thats weird.

My iPhone isnt even jailbroken.

Any idea of the cause?

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
My iPhone is not Jailbroken and iTunes is doing the same thing. It won't sync, it just hangs, and then when I cancel the sync on the phone iTunes crashes. I came here for a fix and this was the first post that popped up! Thanks!

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
This issue seems to have been happening for days.

I wonder why Apple hasnt figured it out yet.

jonmeadowbrook

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
This is happening to me as well. However, I tried quitting the md crash report too and it still didn't work. I'm going to try rebooting and seeing if that helps...

I'm pretty bummed about this. So even a restore wouldn't solve this problem?

EDIT After restarting iTunes this problem did resolve itself. Thank you so much for the tip!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.