Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:24 PM   #1
tobefirst
macrumors 68040

Handbrake settings for PS3

I'm looking to rip my DVD collection to an external to hook up to my PS3. I've done one television episode so far, using the PS3 preset, and then one using the preset, but doing a 2-pass encoding, and Detelecine and Deinterlace (fast). The latter performed better, but it is still not quite the quality I would like.

Does anyone have a list of settings they are satisfied with? I know that I'm not going to get it to look amazing on my 47" 1080p television, but I'd like to get it to look as good as possible. I live in a studio, so the space I can save (plus the convenience) by being able to throw all my DVDs into storage would be awesome.

Also, bonus question: when I'm in the PS3 home screen, I have to select "display all" on the hard drive before I can find the shows. How do I get them to just show up in the list. Right now it says something like, "No media available" when I select the hard drive.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games