Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nadav

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
This might be a really stupid question, but is it possible to connect an iPod Video(5.5G 30 GB) to a TV? One of my friends can do this with his Archos and I'd love to be able to watch my videos on TV.

statikcat

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah you can. I have been looking into it lately I am not sure what cable you need for this. Someone told me the 1/8" audio jack carries the video? I think I saw a 1/8" cable to a/v made by Apple at Frys the other day which may be what it was for. I would have assumed the connector at the bottom would do it.

Anyone know for sure?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Video is carried on both connectors.

Composite only can be had by means of a cable that is also commonly used by some camcorders (I use my Sony cable). It's like a headphone connector on one end but has an extra ring for the video, and has three RCA plugs on the other end.

S-video can be had from the dock connector via the universal dock. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300277

B

chocolate632

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
If its an iPod 5Th Gen, then buy AV Cables from ebay for like $5. My friend did this and it worked fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.