Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:27 AM   #1
joeandginny
macrumors newbie

Continuous Podcast Play

Does anyone know if there is a way for iTunes/iPod to play the next podcast after completing a podcast? I subscribe to a daily radio show that gets delivered in four one-hour podcasts. At the end of each one, I have to select and play the next. Certainly not a big deal, but would be nice to play the next episode automatically. Thanks.
joeandginny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:34 AM   #2
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandginny View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way for iTunes/iPod to play the next podcast after completing a podcast? I subscribe to a daily radio show that gets delivered in four one-hour podcasts. At the end of each one, I have to select and play the next. Certainly not a big deal, but would be nice to play the next episode automatically. Thanks.
There have been a couple threads going on about this.

If you turn off shuffle on the iPod, it will go on to the next in the list.

Unfortunately, it looks like the iPod defaults to playing podcasts in reverse order, namely newest to oldest. Anyone have a solution for getting them to play in the correct order?
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:15 PM   #3
joeandginny
macrumors newbie

podcasts

Thanks Milo... l have looked for treads on this topic, but were unable to find any. Do you happen to know where to look?

Regarding shuffle, the option is not available (grayed out) for podcasts. It is available in music library, but not in the podcast library. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Thanks again for your help.
joeandginny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:07 AM   #4
milo
macrumors 603

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4685106
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:37 AM   #5
talz13
macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think it was mentioned in the linked thread, but I just made a smart playlist (new smart playlist > set to podcast), then sorted the playlist by ascending date (i.e. oldest episodes at the top of the list, newest ones at the bottom). I synced the ipod, then just went to playlists and started my playlist. It's currently playing through the 4th track this morning, and looks like it's working fine!
talz13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:46 AM   #6
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by talz13 View Post
Yeah, I think it was mentioned in the linked thread, but I just made a smart playlist (new smart playlist > set to podcast), then sorted the playlist by ascending date (i.e. oldest episodes at the top of the list, newest ones at the bottom). I synced the ipod, then just went to playlists and started my playlist. It's currently playing through the 4th track this morning, and looks like it's working fine!
That will do it, but it's a ton of work if you have many podcasts and you want to listen to each of them in chronological order.

Is there really no simple way to automatically play podcasts in order? It seems like such a basic thing, it boggles my mind that apple would only allow reverse order.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 05:28 PM   #7
macguymike
macrumors 6502

This thread answered a question I had (how to make podcasts play through instead of stopping), and then brought up a new one!

I'd be interested in an answer to the chronological order question!

For now at least I'm happy that I can listen to SciAm's "60 second psych" and "60 second science" podcasts without having to navigate the menu once a minute!
macguymike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 07:47 AM   #8
jpwrnglr
macrumors newbie

Podcast to play in order

Try the information at this site
http://www.danandchoka.net/?p=50
jpwrnglr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod