Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:22 PM   #1
pbmaster93
macrumors newbie

SSH after Jailbreak what is its use and how do I uninstall it (Im a Neewb)

Hello I just Jaibreaked my iPhone and on the springboard I saw the SSH thing Can someone tell me what it is, its uses and if I can how to uninstall it? thank you
pbmaster93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:37 PM   #2
ntrigue
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ntrigue
It allows your computer to 'see' your iPhone. It can be hidden using Customize but you should not uninstall it.

I used it to change sounds on my iPhone and it is necessary if you wish to play Nintendo games.
ntrigue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:39 PM   #3
pbmaster93
macrumors newbie

thnx can you tell me a brief description of how i can use it for nintendo and the other stuff
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:45 PM   #4
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

>>thnx can you tell me a brief description of how i can use it for nintendo and the other stuff

That's kind of like saying, "How do I use a browser to access the internet?" Well not exactly but the point is its the way your computer talks to your iPhone when you want to manually load files on your computer. Using NES as an example, you would load the emulator with installer, and you will use SSH to load ROMs on either via Terminal or sFTP. Basically anything that isn't on installer you need SSH for.

All this stuff has been covered on the different boards many many times so just do some research.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:49 PM   #5
pbmaster93
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
>>thnx can you tell me a brief description of how i can use it for nintendo and the other stuff

That's kind of like saying, "How do I use a browser to access the internet?" Well not exactly but the point is its the way your computer talks to your iPhone when you want to manually load files on your computer. Using NES as an example, you would load the emulator with installer, and you will use SSH to load ROMs on either via Terminal or sFTP. Basically anything that isn't on installer you need SSH for.

All this stuff has been covered on the different boards many many times so just do some research.
Thnx and Im sorry but I am new to this stuff is the first time I hacked something and Ill start my research lol

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks